Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

I'm sure most people have realised Lev bob rate is decided by client FPS (frames per second).

Based on this I think the technique is to get a low FPS during the up bob (so you spend more time travelling up) and low FPS during the down bob (so you spend less time travelling down). This could be achieved by sliding the 'max fps' slider in the options window back and forth or clicking in and out of the EQ window (for some reason EQ runs slower fps when not the active window).

Alternatively it might be players just jam them selves into a corner during the down bob (so they don't sink) and step back during the up bob, allowing them to slowly climb.

For the people who are saying it doesn't work for them; I guess you doing it wrong, you only want to be slowing the frames per second during the up bob (to make it last longer). If you just click out the window and keep it like that of course you are going to just sink (because you'll be getting huge down bobs too).
Old 11-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

I cant seem to get much higher than a barbarians head before it just starts breaking even... And it definately feels like cheating i must say
Old 11-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

How is this a problem at all? Shit's classic as fuck. You could easily climb into Vox's chamber on live just by moving forward in a corner on the down-bobs and stopping when you go up. Alternatively as a Bard you could time it so your lev song kicked back in at the top your bobs and climb a party full of people up there with no effort on their own part, and doing nothing that I can even imagine would be considered exploiting. None of this required tabbing out or adjusting your FPS or any of that shit.

If timing spellcasts and twisting songs are both illegal then we have a much bigger problem.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

What's going on in this thread? Gaining height with lev is completely classic. Whether by repeatedly casting lev, timing your lev casts, timing the bobs with your frame rate, getting gfluxed, or running up an ogres back, anyone can do it. And it's not p99 specific, I'd climb up the PoK library and other random stuff all the time on eqmac out of boredom.

The distinction I'm seeing here is people with good computers vs people with bad computers that always sink on their lev. If that were the case then you'd use the same logic to say people who can use max clip plane and max graphics would be getting an unfair advantage cause they can see better in raids.. It just doesn't make any sense. Not exploit.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's going on in this thread? Gaining height with lev is completely classic. Whether by repeatedly casting lev, timing your lev casts, timing the bobs with your frame rate, getting gfluxed, or running up an ogres back, anyone can do it. And it's not p99 specific, I'd climb up the PoK library and other random stuff all the time on eqmac out of boredom.

The distinction I'm seeing here is people with good computers vs people with bad computers that always sink on their lev. If that were the case then you'd use the same logic to say people who can use max clip plane and max graphics would be getting an unfair advantage cause they can see better in raids.. It just doesn't make any sense. Not exploit.
RMT is completely classic too. Training mobs on people is classic. Exploiting is classic.

Something happening in the past doesn't make it not an exploit.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about using an illusion or size altering spell to glitch through locked doors? Working as intended, known bug, or illegal exploit?
or pulling PD thru the walls to zone in?
Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Calling something an exploit doesn't make it an exploit. I'm not arguing with you alarti, if you believe in this issue then please say why and provide your reasoning.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

I don't really remember a classic interface that let you change fps options. I know there was one for clip plane/gamma but not for fps
Old 11-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calling something an exploit doesn't make it an exploit. I'm not arguing with you alarti, if you believe in this issue then please say why and provide your reasoning.
Thats fine... the GM's say its exploit, reason enough for me.

But for a brief description. Levitate was meant to hover you a fixed distance above the ground it wasnt intended to act as /flymode
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having NO established structured server rules isn't classic

NOT enforcing said rules consistently is also not classic

Too much grey area. It would be amazing to have a sticky that actually listed all the rules, especially the things that come up again and again (like Ragefire and such).