Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Can we stop calling sniping mobs with no one else in the zone "contesting?" I "contested" Emperor Crush this morning also.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we stop calling sniping mobs with no one else in the zone "contesting?" I "contested" Emperor Crush this morning also.
legit battles in lavastorm and ej/tt ZL.... YT and all pimpin. the PD kills were snipes. gotta start somewhere
Old 09-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Simulated repops have never lead to PVP. Maybe if you would have left well enough alone and there were multiple guilds with similar sized raid forces it would do that. But right now, why would we even attempt to go for the same mob as Azrael when we'd be outnumbered 3 to 1? That goes for every other guild. So basically it's do nothing or try to go for a target that isn't on your radar.

This exact same thing happened when Nihilum was on top. The only difference is you guys don't even have to worry about VP at all because no other guild can even get enough people in there to kill anything. So Azrael effectively has less competition than Nihilum had, how sad is that?
Old 09-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is complaining they are doing it dude. But it is the very definition of hypocrisy.

So Az killed:
Sev, Gore, Venril, Phara Dar, Xygoz, Nexona, Hoshkar, Silverwing, Druusk, Cazic Thule/Draco

Left up:
Vox, Nag, Fay, Trak, Inny, Dojorn

Fay killed by holo with 12 half of which <60, nothing else touched.

Simulated repops kinda pointless at this point don't you think?
Actually we only killed sev, vs, and pd. Salem bravely continued on with 12 ppl to kill ct. Dont yet know the results of that
Old 09-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Simulated repops have never lead to PVP. Maybe if you would have left well enough alone and there were multiple guilds with similar sized raid forces it would do that. But right now, why would we even attempt to go for the same mob as Azrael when we'd be outnumbered 3 to 1? That goes for every other guild. So basically it's do nothing or try to go for a target that isn't on your radar.

This exact same thing happened when Nihilum was on top. The only difference is you guys don't even have to worry about VP at all because no other guild can even get enough people in there to kill anything. So Azrael effectively has less competition than Nihilum had, how sad is that?

the sim repop itself does not cause the PVP. It generates momentum and creates different scenarios which then later translate to contesting. the killer of PVP is 0 randomness.
Last edited by lite; 09-09-2014 at 11:24 AM..
Old 09-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Banned

thread title reminds me of corn pops

goog cereal
Old 09-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Nothing wrong with SIM repops or what azrael currently us doing. Only reason nihi was bad in their sense was nizzar would kill mobs for no other reason than to cock block other guilds. If lite can avoid that type of leadership then I see others providing competition in future.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_mornin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing wrong with SIM repops or what azrael currently us doing. Only reason nihi was bad in their sense was nizzar would kill mobs for no other reason than to cock block other guilds. If lite can avoid that type of leadership then I see others providing competition in future.
that's just it. there was absolutely 0 chance at advancing your character with Nihilum's model and people didn't stick around.

When the top guild itself isn't even sure at what they are gonna go for, it's bound to happen that they are gonna go for something with a force that isn't necessarily their best. At the same time, another guild might have been making their best preparations for that same mob. Interesting scenarios occur when everything isn't 100% predetermined and predictable.

Like right now, we just did trakanon last night (the non simulated one) and then sim pops respawned it... Not sure when we're gonna do the one that is currently up, we might get caught off guard when we go for it. That's exactly what happened the last Trakanon we contested Nihilum for and took.

it seems like Nihilum was just moving characters into the region, at the same time as we had decided earlier that day that we were gonna do it. Then a battle started that ended with a nice 15v 15 at EJ / TT zone line. A scenario like that one can't possibly occur with predictable pops.
Last edited by lite; 09-09-2014 at 11:32 AM..
Old 09-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Lite I am not disagreeing with anything you are saying conceptually. Why'd you have to go and destroy Hokuten though? Then your "could happens" would be "are happenings".

There was not a single raid target in the game that didn't have the potential to drop an upgrade for a main in Nihilum. You can disagree with the mass recruiting/let everyone in strategy all you want - I might even agree with you. But stop pretending Nihilum was killing shit just to cockblock other guilds.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's just it. there was absolutely 0 chance at advancing your character with Nihilum's model and people didn't stick around.

When the top guild itself isn't even sure at what they are gonna go for, it's bound to happen that they are gonna go for something with a force that isn't necessarily their best. At the same time, another guild might have been making their best preparations for that same mob. Interesting scenarios occur when everything isn't 100% predetermined and predictable.

Like right now, we just did trakanon last night (the non simulated one) and then sim pops respawned it... Not sure when we're gonna do the one that is currently up, we might get caught off guard when we go for it. That's exactly what happened the last Trakanon we contested Nihilum for and took.

it seems like Nihilum was just moving characters into the region, at the same time as we had decided earlier that day that we were gonna do it. Then a battle started that ended with a nice 15v 15 at EJ / TT zone line. A scenario like that one can't possibly occur with predictable pops.
oh youre so noble sir

not really. dude you destroyed hotuken and then mass recruited for some fantasy zerg you guys dreamed up.

thanks for leaving mobs up no one really gives a fuck about. you guys are still raiding 30 deep every day. i thought this is what you guys cried about for so long, people zerging.

whatever shits boring i dont play anyways so fuck it. free farm city here comes azrael.