Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:41 AM
Planar Protector

As an enchanter with a blue robe graphic that is pretty much limited to enchanters, and a big golden rod (for the ladies), /anon only does so much good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if you see me, you know me.

If you hail me, i clarity you. Then i see if you wanted something else.

Admittedly it does piss me off when i get a tell from some group who says they'll give me 50p if i run to oasis to C their group. Casting C on someone who asks for it, fine, telling someone where i am for them to come get C from me, fine, asking me to leave the zone I'm in and go on a massive trek to buff your group? /anon on.

I enchant things...
Old 05-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As an enchanter with a blue robe graphic that is pretty much limited to enchanters, and a big golden rod (for the ladies), /anon only does so much good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if you see me, you know me.

If you hail me, i clarity you. Then i see if you wanted something else.

Admittedly it does piss me off when i get a tell from some group who says they'll give me 50p if i run to oasis to C their group. Casting C on someone who asks for it, fine, telling someone where i am for them to come get C from me, fine, asking me to leave the zone I'm in and go on a massive trek to buff your group? /anon on.
I guess I don't see why that pisses you off. Just say "no thanks"? I mean, they're offering to pay you for their time, which may be a decent amount of pp for them, and they don't know if you're currently busy or not. Seems like they're trying to be polite.

Anyways, I never ask people in other zones to do anything for me. If I've died, I'll ask for a SoW for a CR in the zone I'm in through the shout channel, and if noone responds, then that's that. When I get higher and clerics have rez, if there's one around the area that I know, I might see if I can get my corpse dragged to them and ask them if they mind, but that's probably as far as I'd go.

For me the anon thing is just annoying, as other people have said, for trying to find out who all is in a zone for LFG purposes - whether my group is trying to recruit or I'm thinking of zone hopping. It's not the end of the world though if you get there and it's packed. I think EQ is a much more enjoyable game if you just sit back and relax...because well...that translocator isn't going to pop up any sooner anyways.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

I really can't believe there is a 9 page thread about this.

LFG people need to learn to turn anon or role OFF. Other than that, I really don't care one way or another whether people are anon/role or not.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by km2783 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really can't believe there is a 9 page thread about this.

LFG people need to learn to turn anon or role OFF. Other than that, I really don't care one way or another whether people are anon/role or not.
^this. But I think there is a 9-page thread because you, me, and everybody else, is at work/school/wherever, and wishing they were playing instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Banned

A druid pretty much HAS to turn on /anon, otherwise they are constantly bombarded with tells from complete strangers calling them "bro", asking for ports, binds, buffs, powerlevelling....you know, the same complete strangers that will refuse to let the druid in their Karnor's group....
Old 05-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Aviak

I'm not sure how the raiding scene is here but isn't going anon or role a tactic to prevent other guilds from basing zone timers off your raid attendance?
Old 05-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^this. But I think there is a 9-page thread because you, me, and everybody else, is at work/school/wherever, and wishing they were playing instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this has a possibility of being correct. It's slow today [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A druid pretty much HAS to turn on /anon, otherwise they are constantly bombarded with tells from complete strangers calling them "bro", asking for ports, binds, buffs, powerlevelling....you know, the same complete strangers that will refuse to let the druid in their Karnor's group....
I see this a lot, and wonder if I'm one of few people that goes TO a druid ring or zone with druid and wizzy teleports, and THEN ask around for a port.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Aviak

Too bad there isn't a /busy command that blocks tels and auto-responds with a message.

/busy Sorry, I can't come to the rings right now. Please use the translocator.

No need to go anon. You don't get bothered in tels while it's on. Everyone is happy. Of course it doesn't exist, so nevermind.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
raiding scene here
oh god
Old 05-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too bad there isn't a /busy command that blocks tels and auto-responds with a message.

/busy Sorry, I can't come to the rings right now. Please use the translocator.

No need to go anon. You don't get bothered in tels while it's on. Everyone is happy. Of course it doesn't exist, so nevermind.
Unless it isn't activated in classic you should be able to do this with your AFK message, we used to do it when we were raiding, sometimes for raid instructions and sometimes to let people know we weren't available to talk.

Donate a water filter in Haiti. Click Here
Closed Thread