Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup tried that. I just made my own with the patchme thing.
Your own works too. It just wont have the fix for a multi core CPU. If you arent experiencing multi core CPU issues, then it doesnt matter which you use. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Aviak

When it asks which directory I want to install it into I couldn't find "EverQuest:Titanium Install Directory" where it asks I select so I just dropped it in the main Sony/EverQuest folder assuming that's what it meant. Everything seemed to continue on like normal. The Icon on my desktop even changed to the oldschool silver shield (which I took as a sign that it had worked) But when I double click the EverQuest Icon on the desktop A black rectangle flashes for a split second and then nothing happens.

I'm beyond frustrated at having gotten this close just to stall, did I do something wrong?
Old 04-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When it asks which directory I want to install it into I couldn't find "EverQuest:Titanium Install Directory" where it asks I select so I just dropped it in the main Sony/EverQuest folder assuming that's what it meant. Everything seemed to continue on like normal. The Icon on my desktop even changed to the oldschool silver shield (which I took as a sign that it had worked) But when I double click the EverQuest Icon on the desktop A black rectangle flashes for a split second and then nothing happens.

I'm beyond frustrated at having gotten this close just to stall, did I do something wrong?
No, if you point it to the wrong directory it would throw an error about it being the wrong directory. So it sounds like you installed it right.

As far as the black square flashing, that is normal, and the game should start within 10 seconds after that, depending on how fast your computer is.

What resolution did you pick? Try rerunning the installer and running option (6) and then selecting "Windowed" and "1280x800", see if that solves the problem. If it does then you set your resolution wrong.

Also, where is the game installed? Make sure its installed in C:\ and NOT in program files, since windows will sometimes wont let it execute properly if its in program files.

Have you tried restarting? What kind of video card/processor do you have?
Last edited by Chrushev; 04-15-2011 at 12:33 AM..
Old 04-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Aviak

Yes, I waited much longer than 10 seconds. The first resolution I tried was 1280x800 fullscreen. The second time I tried the same thing but windowed... same thing. Next I tried 680x400 or whatever the default is... didn't work. So I just reinstalled Titanium. This time I manually changed/maneuvered all the files and it seemed to work. Made it all the way to the log in screen. Yay.

Then like an idiot I tried using Duxa's etc again. Windowed and 1280x800... now I'm back to square one and frustrated with myself for not just having stuck with having changed everything manually.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:27 AM
Aviak

Fuck it, I don't care. I've uninstalled it again and will just manually swap the files again.

But before I messed it up the second time I made it to the log in screen. I put in my ID/Password. Said wrong password. I'm supposed to use my ID/PW from EQEmulator.com at this point right? That's what I tried to do. I confirmed my login and reset my password and had the same issue. "wrong password". Do I need to setup/use a different account somewhere or is EQEmulator the correct login I should be using? (to log into server, not the website) ????

Fucking losing my mind to frustration. 3 days of nothing but trying to get p99 up and running.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Sarnak

Just a lil input, once i started using the Duxa installer <intel duel core> i started having hella problems, reinstalled 5 times with no changes. It was like running in slow motion and made the game unplayable. Today 2 weeks later i finnaly did a fresh install again and skipped the duxa and just used the multi core fix listed in the mutli core thread and savnoks vert UI, and what do u know, everything is running like a top now.

I'm not knocking all ur work <for free im sure> but would like it pointed out that this tool isnt for everyone, and if u think it is ur def wrong.
Last edited by Nivar Quartz; 04-15-2011 at 01:32 AM..
Old 04-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivar Quartz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a lil input, once i started using the Duxa installer <intel duel core> i started having hella problems, reinstalled 5 times with no changes. It was like running in slow motion and made the game unplayable. Today 2 weeks later i finnaly did a fresh install again and skipped the duxa and just used the multi core fix listed in the mutli core thread and savnoks vert UI, and what do u know, everything is running like a top now.

I'm not knocking all ur work <for free im sure> but would like it pointed out that this tool isnt for everyone, and if u think it is ur def wrong.
hmm thats strange. I think next release I will remove the multi-core fix from the auto install (option (0), and leave it as a standalone install since not everyone needs it. Like in your case for example you didnt need it because Intel processors dont seem to have the multi core issue. And for people that dont need it it seems to screw up more things than fix.

So starting next release you should be able to start using it again, since it wont mess with the CPU fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck it, I don't care. I've uninstalled it again and will just manually swap the files again.

But before I messed it up the second time I made it to the log in screen. I put in my ID/Password. Said wrong password. I'm supposed to use my ID/PW from EQEmulator.com at this point right? That's what I tried to do. I confirmed my login and reset my password and had the same issue. "wrong password". Do I need to setup/use a different account somewhere or is EQEmulator the correct login I should be using? (to log into server, not the website) ????

Fucking losing my mind to frustration. 3 days of nothing but trying to get p99 up and running.
no you need to click "User CP" at the top of this forum and create a new LP (login/password) from there. Did you do that step?

Sorry my installer caused you problems. I would really like to know why you are experiencing issues that you are. Either way, you should still be able to use other parts of the installer (like visor and sound fixes etc, and UI's) just dont select CPu fix unless you need it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Chrushev; 04-15-2011 at 06:05 AM..
Old 04-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Fire Giant

Alright v0.5.1 is up.

v0.5.1 - April 15, 2011
- Removed CPU fix from (0), because not everyone needs it. It is still available as standalone option.
- Option (0) renamed to (1).
- Added a warning to option (1) and (6) that keybinding will be reset to defaults.

Trude and Nivar_Quartz if you guys have some time and want to be a HUGE help. Could you try what you did above that caused you issues but with the new v0.5.1 ? I think I know what caused the issues, and it should be fixed now. Thanks guys.

You can grab it from the first post in the thread heres the link: CLICK HERE
Last edited by Chrushev; 04-15-2011 at 06:12 AM..
Old 04-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Large Bat

Interesting I tried the new version and it seems to help, one thing that I couldn't see before was the load duxaui command needs to be done from within the game. The cleanup works for me when run separately now so that is a bonus.
Last edited by Wizat; 04-17-2011 at 12:22 PM..
Old 04-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

v0.6 released

v0.6 - April 17, 2011
- Updated to support the new spellfile (v8) released April 17, 2011.