Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Back in Norrath after 17 years

I got a little nostalgic and after looking at current EQ and the messy soup it had become i almost gave up on playing again till i found p1999. man this is great ya its grindy and takes forever to level even in the low levels but its much better then the targeted quest hand holding most MMO's do today.

i am playing a woodelf Rog and a will eventually play a halfling Cleric since cleric was my main 17 years ago. i hope to get some levels and maybe join a guild again. thanks P99 for existing.

Puggle Lvl 3 woodelf ROG
Old 08-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to P99!
Bonus points for chosing an uncommon class/race combo![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2017, 05:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ya the Halfling Cleric is a standard, just a race to get level character since you always need a healer some where in EQ. my main back in the day was a darkelf cleric and i never really went out of my way to gear him just made sure i had good mana/agro management and marcos to let the group know what i was doing and i was effective in just about any setting. i always wanted to play a Rog but never started one back in the day. i really wanted to do a DarkElf but whats the point since DE mask is just about guaranteed drop
Old 08-17-2017, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Wood Elf Rogue = Best Rogue. I hope you worship the One True God Bristlebane.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:34 AM
Orc

Welcome. I had the same nostalgia you speak of. I just got burnt out after getting to max level in ESO and EQ2. All they have is a sequence of quests that take you through generic zones now. It's too easy to earn stuff in those games. EQ2 was fun when gear and money was harder to come by. It wasn't a quest grinder game like it is today. I think I enjoy P99 because of how difficult it is. Every piece of gear and every level is hard earned. The games I have enjoyed the most were the ones that I coincidentally got the angriest at. The best games elicit emotions not indifference.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

you are not kidding when you say hard earned and the difficulty of the game. i moved myself to Freeport at 5 since i figured it would be easier to be in common lands moving forward and i completely forgot that you cant train wood elf rog's in FP since you are KOS with the dark elf death-knight trainer who is in the same room as the human rogue trainer.
Closed Thread