Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the top guild actually runs the server as in their the admins as well. To which they DEF manipulate shit to their benefit, also as previously stated they allow 3 boxing.
yikes, yikes, and yikes again.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

My vote is for TAKP because it's being done by credible well known people from the EQEMU scene. I know emu scene's and I'd rather be playing on the server where people lived and breathed the emu source code for years.

P99 has had time to evolve and update. Give both servers 5-10 years and then decide.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:05 AM
Fire Giant

Any free to play game that allows boxing isn't for me. The combination of those 2 things make it so that boxing is practically the norm. A subscription based game that allows boxing isn't that bad, most people will not box.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:32 AM
Banned

confession: i bash the shit out of p2002 but have never played it

is it really that bad?
Old 08-18-2017, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
confession: i bash the shit out of p2002 but have never played it

is it really that bad?
No. Stable client, no lag, decent population, bugs get addressed and fixed. It's no p99 in terms of being bug free, but it's pretty darn good.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:02 PM
Developer

Takp does have some gm/guides in raiding guilds.

Takp Devs/Admin - none actively participating in the raid scene. Most rarely play at all. I think I am probably only one playing much. Maybe an hour a week.

I have tried p02. Its typical eqemu.

Does p02 have staff in raiding guilds? Yes. Do they make changes to give them advantages? No. But there is no way to convince the tin foil hat brigade.

H
Old 08-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do they make changes to give them advantages?
H
Well....

You are right about the tin foil hat comment. But, there are views and flat out stuff that has been shady. But hey, it's his sandbox and anyone else who thinks they have control is just kidding themselves. There is a reason that guilds outside of his have either been 'kicked' or left the server when they try to share content. It never works out. I mean it was working with PS and NH for a while but .....you know, when you cross him, it doesn't matter what the other couple guys say, it's up to the man.

P2002 is great. Hardly any bugs or issues and the roll-outs of new content has been smooth for the most part.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well....

You are right about the tin foil hat comment. But, there are views and flat out stuff that has been shady. But hey, it's his sandbox and anyone else who thinks they have control is just kidding themselves. There is a reason that guilds outside of his have either been 'kicked' or left the server when they try to share content. It never works out. I mean it was working with PS and NH for a while but .....you know, when you cross him, it doesn't matter what the other couple guys say, it's up to the man.

P2002 is great. Hardly any bugs or issues and the roll-outs of new content has been smooth for the most part.
yeah how dare we move in on a mob rotation when they didn't have keys...

No guild as a whole was 'kicked', people got suspensions for exploiting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2017, 12:57 AM
Banned

lawl nevermind
Last edited by Viper7; 08-23-2017 at 01:17 AM..
Old 08-23-2017, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

When TAKP went closed source on its code didnt that leave P02 in the shit? I'd base my choice on things like that...seems like TAKP have people who know what they're doing, and there's no salty vegetable vendors there.
Closed Thread