Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 12:35 PM
Kobold

Default shaman epic question

So i just recently started on p99 and was wondering at what lvl i could feasibly start my epic. The reason i'm asking is because I am a true lvl 19 noob to the server and have no decent gear besides the beetle stinger someone was nice enough to sell to me for 42 plat. I am mainly wanting the shield and maybe the boots for now. I know the spear will come much later.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shaman_Epic_Quest has everything you need to know about the epic. But to answer your question, you might want to wait just a few levels more, as Capt Surestout is level 20. Also the next step (Test of Patience) potentially exposes you to level 40+ sharks.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Yeah i was reading over it again and it doesn't look like i can start it any time soon. I remember doing the underwater part on live and was lucky enough not to get any sharks where i was.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember doing the underwater part on live and was lucky enough not to get any sharks where i was.
It's very possible to do that step at any level, as long as you are lucky/careful. What's probably more relevant is that after that you need to kill Glaron and Tabien in Rathe Mountains, and both are level 32.

Personally I'd recommend waiting until you're 35 (or maybe 33 or 34 if you're really itching to get started). At that level you should be able to do everything up to Black Dire, and then if you ask very nicely in the forums you'll most likely find a few people willing to help you with Black Dire.

Once you kill him you get your Black Fur Boots, which is sort of the half-way point of the epic. After that it's just faction grinding and getting your tear. But before that point there's no real reason to do the quest, because you don't get any rewards until the Glaron/Tabien step.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Kobold

Well, against better judgement and due to a little bit of boredom. I decided to start the epic. quest. Got the 1st gem, then went to FP and got the next gem. BC i knew my level of success would be really really low i put all my money, gear and bags in the bank. except for the gem and some fish scales. I went to erudins crossing, turned in my gem, and then went waaaaay out into the water. Im only lvl 22 so i kept EB and invis vs animals on. I had NO sharks agro me!! i saw the killer shark twice but luckily it didnt agro.

So i got my next gem and went to rathe mnts. found out a warrior JUST killed Glaron. But he was kind and gave me envy and woe. Then i found a necro and he killed Tabien for me to get mars promise. went to WK and i now have my shield of falsehood at lvl 22! WOOHOO.

Now i just need to get my pelt off black dire.....
Old 06-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Congrats! Now that you have those pieces Black Dire should be straightforward: no matter what your level you are you're going to need help from others for that fight, so it doesn't make much difference whether you do it now or later. The only benefit in putting it off is that you can farm some plat to pay people for their help, but if you ask nicely enough you should be able to find people willing to help without pay.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Kobold

yeah. Ive also been lucky and found some other kind souls out there in EC. one guy sold me a totemic helm for 10p and another guy a beetle stinger for 40p
Old 06-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Black dire takes like 2 lvl 60 if one is a shaman with torpor
Old 06-07-2017, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Black dire takes like 2 lvl 60 if one is a shaman with torpor
I have seen a bard solo the dire as well as a monk. I imagine theres other classes that can solo it somehow too.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

I did Black Dire at 55 or so. There was a 58 monk in zone and we duo'd it without any issues. I can't remember if he even had epic, but he never dropped below 60% health.

So it's doable without a big group. Just be high enough level so that your heals and buffs make a difference in the fight (50s)
Closed Thread