Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

Default Click items and lose charges without landing

For example: if you click a mob, and get a cannot see target, the charge of item will be spent, even thought it has never landed on a mob, if it doesnt land, shouldnt spend targets, what kind of mechanics we have?
Old 08-20-2017, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

I mean:

Chain click a mob while its running:

Out of Range
Out of Range
Out of Range
Cannot see your target (just got in range, but mob moved) 1 charge gone and no hit.
Out of Range
Out of Range
Cannot see your target (just got in range, but mob moved) 1 charge gone and no hit.

On a different experiement if you try to throw ranged at a mob, when you get in range or max range it will simulate a throw without throwing, i believe its the same concept, but applied to click items.

That said is there something we can make to avoid it or its just the pre defined lag between Client and Server and i should live happily ever after with it?
Old 06-19-2018, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...hlight=charges

bump

Quote:
==07/19/2009==
realityincarnate: Spells cast from items now reduce the charges before creating spell effects (stops loregroup conflict with Gloves/Hammer of Infuse)
seems we are working on 2009 update?
Last edited by Brocode; 06-19-2018 at 04:54 AM..
Old 06-20-2018, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

I'm pretty sure this is intentional, it's definitely a well known "bug"

As far as the 2009 update, that was an EQEMu update according to Ropethunder's post not a Live update so it's possible this was happening on Live in 2001 and it was intentionally put into P99.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure this is intentional, it's definitely a well known "bug"

As far as the 2009 update, that was an EQEMu update according to Ropethunder's post not a Live update so it's possible this was happening on Live in 2001 and it was intentionally put into P99.
Thats what i am looking for evidence. Cant find any both ways
Old 06-27-2018, 10:43 AM
Project Manager

This is on a list of undeveloped timeline mechanics to add. Until February 2001, it should consume the component.

i.e.

Feb 2001 patch
Quote:
--- If you are interrupted while trying to cast a spell that uses a component, you will no longer use that component. Jewelers should be very pleased with this change.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is on a list of undeveloped timeline mechanics to add. Until February 2001, it should consume the component.

i.e.

Feb 2001 patch
Oh there is hope, thanks for claryfying that it is supposed to be fixed someday
Old 06-30-2018, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the OP posts about is items with clicky charges being consumed without the clicky actually landing due to LOS issues. Meaning the logic for using a charge on an item is performed before the logic for checking LoS.

What the Nilbog post is about is reagents / required components for spells like Cleric symbols or Enchanter metal enchants prior to 2001 the logic for removing that item from your inventory was performed shortly after Spell cast, prior to Spell landing. After 2001 it would be performed some time immediately after the spell finishes casting.
i thought he meant would apply for both examples, but one being instant and the other not. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2019, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Still consuming the "component" or charge when interrupted/fail to see the target. BUMP!
Old 10-15-2019, 08:48 AM
Fire Giant

up!