Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Default Project 2002

With how many people seem to want Luclin / PoP. Why has this server not taken off like P99 has? the Al'Kabor one also seems to struggle with 200 players or so.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to talk about other servers do it in Off Topic. Server chat is for p99 and p99 related topics.

My 2 cents...
TAKP > 2002
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Kobold

They allow the ability to box on 2002.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:05 PM
Kobold

For me the issue was boxing combined with cranked up xp levels. You can level there pretty quickly. Plus some bugginess and a server population that is too low to support a real eceonomy (yeah it's got traders but that doesn't do you much good when there's nothing to buy and no one to sell to.)
Old 08-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

The simple answer is that nobody does it like P99. Even though A LOT of people would love a server that goes past Velious, but has the same single-box policy, historical accuracy, and level of staffing as P99, no one has come even close to Nilbog/Rogean in terms of meeting that challenge.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-14-2017 at 04:31 PM..
Old 08-14-2017, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The simple answer is that nobody does it like P99. Even though A LOT of people would love a server that goes past Velious but has the same level of quality, historical accuracy, and level of staffing as P99, no one has come even close to Nilbog/Rogean to meet that challenge.
the accuracy just isn't there. some personalities a bit hostile to suggested fixes.

better combat than p99 tho
Old 08-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The simple answer is that nobody does it like P99.
Despite how we jive Loramin,. you cracked that nail on the head perfectly. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With how many people seem to want Luclin / PoP. Why has this server not taken off like P99 has? the Al'Kabor one also seems to struggle with 200 players or so.
Because the top guild actually runs the server as in their the admins as well. To which they DEF manipulate shit to their benefit, also as previously stated they allow 3 boxing.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Boxing is the primary reason I haven't even tried any other emulated server. EQ as a solo game sucks ass. I want to group with other people not with myself.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Tkrap and P2002 allow boxing.

And, see Rick Sanchez's post. Both have Admins who play and do what they please when they please despite what they say.

However I would say the opposite of what Baler says. P2002 > TKAP

EDIT:

Wait why is this thread not locked already or erased? Every other P2002 thread has whether in "off topic" or not.
Last edited by dafier; 08-16-2017 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Wait what?
Closed Thread