Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > Library

Old 07-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also pretty sure hybrid exp penalty is 40%, not 45%.

when I said it was too long and I won't read it I obv~ lied. I'm hitting pieces here and there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, it's 40%. I think that was a slip on my part. Thanks again!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't heard of AGI being more useful for a monk than for any other class. AGI affects AC and avoidance, so it's good for anyone who's going to be getting hit, but STR and STA are just as important for monks, if not more so.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't heard of AGI being more useful for a monk than for any other class. AGI affects AC and avoidance, so it's good for anyone who's going to be getting hit, but STR and STA are just as important for monks, if not more so.
Granted, maybe I'm operating on ancient information there. I was of the impression that monks really needed AC, and that they received notable defense increases at 100, like other characters do at 75.

Such was the belief back when I played anyway. It may be informed by a bad understanding of how the stats worked, as there was a lot of confusion about that back then. I'll try to find more information on this and I'll change it if it is erroneous.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf
Norrath in a Nutshell: A Beginner's Guide
Awesome! Mind if I add this to the p99 wiki for you? Dumbledorf's Norrath in a Nutshell: A Beginner's Guide sounds like the perfect title. What say you?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome! Mind if I add this to the p99 wiki for you? Dumbledorf's Norrath in a Nutshell: A Beginner's Guide sounds like the perfect title. What say you?
Sure, that'd be fine! Thanks!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, that'd be fine! Thanks!
Here's the spot: http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...nner%27s_Guide

I'll give a few more days for any changes to shake out.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Skeleton

I fixed a few things. Still thinking about tackling the quest section, but that may be some time from now. It's more or less good to post on the Wiki.

Thanks again!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Wow, what a labor of love! Quite clever in some places, too. One lil correction though: you have listed that ogres naturally have -20 fire resistance. It is trolls who have this penalty, not ogres. I believe it is supposed to represent the traditional fantasy idea that trolls are more flammable than cheap polyester pants =)

Also, the EQthieves.com spell lists are formatted for a time on EQ Live when casters got spells every level. Like, for enchanters in particular, Tashan is learned at level 1, not level 2. Illusion: Human comes at level 4, not level 2. No spells are learned at level 2. Personally, I use http://www.pro1999.com/enchanter-spells.html . It's got a few Velious spells listed, but that's going to be a good thing eventually!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:06 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermicelli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, what a labor of love! Quite clever in some places, too. One lil correction though: you have listed that ogres naturally have -20 fire resistance. It is trolls who have this penalty, not ogres. I believe it is supposed to represent the traditional fantasy idea that trolls are more flammable than cheap polyester pants =)

Also, the EQthieves.com spell lists are formatted for a time on EQ Live when casters got spells every level. Like, for enchanters in particular, Tashan is learned at level 1, not level 2. Illusion: Human comes at level 4, not level 2. No spells are learned at level 2. Personally, I use http://www.pro1999.com/enchanter-spells.html . It's got a few Velious spells listed, but that's going to be a good thing eventually!
Drats, I knew that! Must have conflated trolls and ogres somehow, thanks!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Aviak

Description: Rogues are masters of pure melee damage. Their main competitor in this department are wizards, although rogues have the advantage of not needing mana. Using high speed dual wield weapons, rogues are there to quickly cut foes down to size. As they are not as dense as warriors, in groups they rely on tanks to distract mobs while they execute backstabs. Rogues have at their disposal thievish skullduggery skills, including the ability to turn invisible and move around undetected with hide and sneak.

This is simply not true, rogues can out DPS wizards. I'd be more inclined to say something like monks. Wizards are more for burst DPS.
Last edited by sellawiz; 08-01-2011 at 06:30 PM..