Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Default The Velium Focus

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=931

"The Velium Focus - Cannot complete - The Hole Unavailable on beta "

The groundspawns for The Hole + Burning Woods are not there.

The crystal of purest iron is in Burning Woods. It's sitting on the meteor near Slixin Klex. It's item description is "Heavy Metallic Crystal" and is magic, lore, and no drop. It weighs 14.0.

Also the groundspawn for the Hole is not classic, as if you read through the alla thread listed above it gets moved from Splitpaw to the hole when paw gets revamped.

"The Beryl crystal is in Split Paw. If you enter Split Paw and walk just until you reach the first open room, it's in there on the floor at location 0,0 pretty much. It's not so much a room as it is an open patch in the hallway with straw on the floor. Two gnolls spawn here on either side of the room. The spawn time here is probably the same. The item description is "Reddish Crystal" and it's also magic, lore, and no drop. It weighs 10.0. It identifies as "Beryl for the Menhir". (posted 14 dec 2000)

Which then gets moved to p695 n1 n34 within a month or so. It's by a stalacmite near drop down to ishva area which corresponds to the lore of these crystals:

"Phenocryst's thoughts flood your mind, 'Thank you Harbinger. We need 3 crystals. One of Beryl, one of Stibnite, and one of the purest Iron. These minerals will only be found deep within the earth where the geology is relatively stable."

Anyway I checked both Hole and Paw (both locations in paw) nothing there, and semiafk camped the BW spawn incase someone had just picked it before I arrived for over 2 hours and nohting.

The GD spawn in the wurm caves is there.

For reference I only used the info on allaz.

Also went to test the crystal hand ins on the beta server but the gnomes have gone[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Project Manager

I see the crystals spawning in greatdivide, paw, and burningwood
Old 08-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Regarding the burning wood spawn, as that's the one I've been concentrating on. It is not spawning. Or not spawning where it's supposed to spawn.

According to a reply on allaz the " Loc of BW stone is n850 n1180 " which places it directly near an edge of the meteor itself.

I looked on live and the loc is correct. With a respawn of 2 hours. And a weight of 40 ( this is different to the p99 wiki)

It is not spawning on p99 blue at that loc or anywhere on the meteor.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

From a January 2001 walkthrough on Graffe. The javascript isn't working, but you can see the text via "View Source" in your browser.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010124...ocus/index.htm

Quote:
The Beryl crystal is in Split Paw. Apparently, this crystal can spawn in a few
different places within Paw. The easiest one is found when you enter Split
Paw and walk just until you reach the first open room, it's in there on the
floor at location 0,0 pretty much. It's not so much a room as it is an open
patch in the hallway with straw on the floor. Two gnolls spawn here on either
side of the room. The spawn time here is probably the same. The second place
known for it to spawn is behind onf of the stone pillars near the entrance
of the underwater tunnel leading to the Ishva area (+690, -17). The item is called a Reddish
Crystal and it's also magic, lore, and no drop. It weighs 10.0. It identifies
as "Beryl for the Menhir".

The crystal of purest iron is in Burning Woods. It's sitting on the bottoem edge
of the crashed meteor near Slixin Klex. It's item description is Heavy
Metallic Crystal" and is magic, lore, and no drop. It weighs 14.0.

Take these three crystals and the Elbaite Focus back to Wakening Lands to Phenocryst
and you're ready for the next step. Get 1-2 parties of 50+ players and bring
'em with you. Due to the dragon that spawns in Wakening Land near the dragon
portal, you might want to approach from skyshrine. If you're going along the
wall from skyshrine towards the caves, you want to gather your troops at the
second cave entrance along the wall. Phenocryst is closest to that entrance.
Get to know the path between you and him at this point so you're familiar
with how to get out in a hurry. At this point, all the geonids should con
amiable to you. Finishing the Velium Focus section achieves this faction adjustment.
Make sure you have a ranger in your party of friends. You're going to have
to track down some triggered MOBs and fight them. You submit the items to
Phenocryst.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

I think the graffe writer is probably wrong. Makes sense to me that they moved the spawn location; as eveyone entering paw would generally pick the thing up all the time making it real hard to continue the quest.

"There is a new location for the red crystal.
It is still in paw. But not near the doorway. "

"Yep. Specifically it spawns on the leftmost island next to the pool that has the underwater tunnel leading to the Ishva Mal area. It spawns behind the island. "

"Well, apparently Verant decided to change the location that this thing spawns in. It no longer spawns at LOC 0,0 in splitpaw, it is now spawning behind a pillar right near where you go underwater to get to the Ishva. "

I rechecked paw, no sign there of the spawn.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to a reply on allaz the " Loc of BW stone is n850 n1180 " which places it directly near an edge of the meteor itself.
This is where it spawns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Yep. Specifically it spawns on the leftmost island next to the pool that has the underwater tunnel leading to the Ishva Mal area. It spawns behind the island. "
This is where it spawns.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Except it's not spawning (burning wood atleast) I've done two 2 hour sessions plus random logging ins for x amount of time and not seen it (I've been told by someone else that camped there that they've not seen it either) I did one 2 hour session on live and saw it twice.

I'm sitting in paw now will give it another 2 hours (on the slim offchance that someone just looted it) I really don't expect to see it.

I'm confused. It is marked as a 2hour respawn same as live?
Old 08-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Project Manager

It seems there is an issue with ground spawns on the live server. This works fine on my development server, so we need to investigate it further.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Spawning now. Just looted both BW and Paw crystals. Perhaps server reset did it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks.

edit: will dbl check it respawns in 2 hours.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

Confirmed respawning.
Closed Thread