Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Aviak

Default Gnomish Vanishing Device

The Gnomish Vanishing Device can't be recharged. It's supposed to recharge with a class 5 battery but I've tried all of them and it fails.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Gnomish_Vanishing_Device
Old 11-16-2016, 12:38 PM
Project Manager

Looking into this.

Should the vanishing device be rechargeable by anyone? I found one quote that indicates it should, but I want to verify before moving further.
Quote:
Now, if you somehow get a gnomish vanishing device? An awsome item, I believe it has a few charges of an invis that lasts 10-20 minutes? It is also rechargable with a class 5 battery you can purchase, and you dont need tinkering skill to recharge it.
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/show...=8915&langid=2
Also, what about other tinkered items being rechargeable? The way this is set up, I assume clockwork watchman armor cannot be recharged either. Should it?
Old 02-01-2017, 12:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking into this.

Should the vanishing device be rechargeable by anyone? I found one quote that indicates it should, but I want to verify before moving further.

Also, what about other tinkered items being rechargeable? The way this is set up, I assume clockwork watchman armor cannot be recharged either. Should it?
this might help, from 12/27/2002
http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...Recharge-Items

Quote:
To recharge an item, place item + battery in a Gnomish Recharge Kit (regular, deluxe or summoned via collapsible toolbox) and click combine. No skill is needed (in other words anyone of any race and any skill [even 0] can combine with no risk of failure).

== Rechargeable Items ==
Happy Dragon: Rechargeable with saltpeter and firework
Meterological Rocket: Not Rechargeable
Necrotic Device: Unlimited Charges to begin with
Gauze Press: 20 charges, recharge with class 1
Anizok's Maximizing Device: 20 charges, recharge with class 6
Anizok's Minimizing Device: 20 charges, recharge with class 6
Clockwork Armors: 10 charges, recharge with class 5
Half-Capacity Gnomish Vanishing Device: 5 charges, recharge with class 5
Full-Capacity Gnomish Vanishing Device: 10 charges, recharge with 2 Infused Dark Matter
Gearlok Floatation Pack: 20 charges, recharge with 1 infused dark matter
but i don't know if some of this was changed from SoV to SoL
Old 11-16-2016, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

I know for a fact it could be recharged on Al'Kabor. I had one and recharged it often on my cleric there. (Can likely provide logs if you want Nilbog)

Unsure about the status during Velious though. This particular combine is a 302 trivial and getting beyond 175 (Rebreather trivial), is a huge hassle during Velious. I'd be shocked if many at all got created before Luclin and PoP made more feasible skill up paths available in tinkering.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:25 PM
Aviak

The Vanishing Device can be recharged now, this was fixed not long after my original post. I will have to test the Clockwork armor but far as I am aware everything is working now.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiithsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Vanishing Device can be recharged now, this was fixed not long after my original post. I will have to test the Clockwork armor but far as I am aware everything is working now.
I just attempted to recharge the vanishing device and got a DNC. How are you recharging it?
Old 01-31-2017, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just attempted to recharge the vanishing device and got a DNC. How are you recharging it?
the clockwork watchman armor all recharges just fine

item + class 5 mana battery + toolbox or deluxe toolbox

the gnomish device does not work and should be rechargeable the same way
Old 01-31-2017, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiithsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
correct this WAS working

but

Patch Notes: Sunday, January 1st, 2017

those definitely broke it
Old 01-31-2017, 03:44 PM
Aviak

Correct, this WAS working. Is now broke again. I don't have any proof as far as screenshots or anything to prove it, but I make these for my guild and several people have told me it's broken where it used to work prior to the latest patch.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Knowing for a fact .... hmm