Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you AE in an indoor zone that has 25+ in it as opposed to an outdoor zone where there is at most 1 other person soloing near a zoneline somewhere? It just sounds silly.
True. When I did this on live it was right around the time Luclin was released. So seb was far less crowded.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

To address the original question more directly: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...tml?spell=1696
Old 10-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigfreed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note that pretty much all of the above advice applies to aeing SF which is apparently all folks do these days due to being scared of frogs that cast ice comet. Real pixelated men and women do this in seb where they have these things called corners..
Correct me if I'm wrong, but LOS was being exploited too much by "pro players", so P99 mobs have no problems finishing (not starting) casts on you through walls. This makes seb less viable as those frogs can now finish those Ice Comets they start.

Also, the corner stun trick does not work on this server because mob push is not implemented like on live. Bard mez song doesn't push mobs either. The most reliable method for getting pulls stacked up has been devised in-game and explained in this thread already: bard pull, cler heal, bard zone, cler DA.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

I always wanted to try aoe'ing Chardok by having a cleric aggro mobs in the tunnel, but somehow it always ended up being Skyfire.

The problem with Skyfire is we never quite managed to kill the Elder wyverns. However, Wizards loved the AOE groups so much we often had a third one just waiting to get in, which usually solved the problem.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Kobold

AE of skyfire wouldn't have been as effective on live because the number of mobs in the pulls people do on p99 would have crashed players out. There was also roaming guardian wurms and ancient wyverns that be really annoying to pull around. The dungeon xp bonus was also a factor.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigfreed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
apparently all folks do these days due to being scared of frogs that cast ice comet thru walls.

All the wizards run off, tag things with flux staves, and run back 10feet before getting Ice Comet'd thru a wall. It's definitely perfect death situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but LOS was being exploited too much by "pro players", so P99 mobs have no problems finishing (not starting) casts on you through walls. This makes seb less viable as those frogs can now finish those Ice Comets they start.
This.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Speaking of... I want an AOE group. Druids are ftw with Upheaval!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

I'm picturing an enchanter constantly mez'ing in the AOE group then bitching at everyone for breaking it.

"YOU GUYS SUCK WORST GROUP EVER!"
Old 10-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of... I want an AOE group. Druids are ftw with Upheaval!
The recast time on Upheaval is too ridiculous. Wizards have like 5 solid AEs they can choose from between during recast times.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Hierophant Crook, LIKE A BOSS!
Closed Thread