Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm seriously lost. Why would we have a Gm summon us to South Ro? Ancient Cyclops pop? Terrorantula raid? Just too much trouble to cast Circle of Ro? What the hell?

You know I left during the sky era, right? I wasn't around for any of those things, although I laughed when I heard about the hoop days. I'm a little surprised that people brag about RMT.
just educating not implicating you
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealin Dragons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
talented players are in TMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealin Dragons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ raiding is a joke, the raids you were in were also a joke.
Irony.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
You still do not know how to use that word...
Irony.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
that was the only time EQ raiding seemed to require actual coordination from nearly the entire raid force.
Almost as if you missed a year of raiding before everyone and their mother were planar/dragon geared..
Quote:
The only talented people left playing now are in TMO.
Almost as if another, more "talented" raid force left.

(this is not an endorsement of EQMAC or the butthurt brigade that left for EQMAC)
Old 10-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Gear has nothing to do with coordination being required. Classic EQ raids especially don't require it. You need 3-8 people per any given raid to know wtf to do and how to get the mob to your people or your people to the mob. Everyone else just needs to know how not to get lost, where to stand, and their 2 buttons to push (tunnel heads).
Meh. Are you really suggesting taking out nagafen with 19 level 40-45 takes the same level of tacstrat and coordination as taking out nagafen with 70 level 60s all fully planar/dragon geared? Really? Coz the former (not just against nagafen, but always on long odds, undergeared, with only a few people) is what we were doing for months before you showed up. That's all I'm saying.
Quote:
Actually, unless your guild was pulling CT chess matches with other guilds where you had to have the entire zone kited with draco being pulled away on engage along with the golems I don't see anything that comes remotely close to requiring the majority of the raid having to be aware of anything other than the mob they are killing or the tank they are healing. However, even those type of CT raids aren't that difficult outside of the chess battle.
Again, revisit in your mind if you will a time before this shit was trivialized by numbers and gear. We actually had to make numerous attempts on shit coz wiping was the order for the day, and we were by FAR the only guild capable of it at the time.
Quote:
I also good job picking up on half of what I was talking about with the "only talent left" part. IB had some generally talented players (I'm sure they do well in any game they play), I'll never deny that. I'll never say they were all cream of the crop tho, IB had some definite warm-body types.
Maybe by the time you showed up, but of the first 25 or so IB, none were warm bodies. That didn't start happening until trans was already challenging and crying for rotation.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Banned

fucking .. you know what i mean .. overpowered fully geared people doing an encounter can skip steps and just zerg the hps down.

stupid technicality

shut up Stealin
Old 10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Banned

We had like .. people running out of naggy's lair to get heals while a few tanks tried not to die.. The traditional stuff didn't necessarily work, so we'd have to try new shit, which would have been impossible without everyone paying attention. It was different than now (easier), but still we did it at a level where it was difficult as fuck (not just naggy).
Old 10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Tyson and Holyfield. Holyfield wooped that ass, but had to bite off that ear to do it. Tyson will always be remembered as the champ though, he just got old and can give 2 shits now.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinlulz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost as if you missed a year of raiding before everyone and their mother were planar/dragon geared..

Almost as if another, more "talented" raid force left.

(this is not an endorsement of EQMAC or the butthurt brigade that left for EQMAC)
Almost, but not quite. If they had talent they would have been able to compete.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
last time I participated in a naggy raid, I used a bard that was less than half geared. Not that bards need to be fully geared, but some of the other people were pretty much the same as that bard. Also, not many people joined those raids, often TMO didn't even have enough people to do the raids, even after some of those clerics ended up with trak bps.

You're telling me that people had to watch their health and move out of AEs so they didn't die and that this was some type of new tactic for IB?
Why are you still yapping when you're still zerging with 70 of your guildmates? We get it, you're butt hurt people might think you're not special. Well guess what you are special. Specially retarded. We realize you didn't get hugged enough as a child but just accept the fact that you're really a peon in that zerg force.

PS. Alararti come on man, you call poopsock/zergfest a "talent competition"?. Don't go full retard bro.
Closed Thread