Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 08-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So far I'm seeing cancel magic take anywhere from 1-4 casts to remove an Aegolism casted by a level 85 cleric. Heroism takes 1-3 cancel magics to remove.
Too soon to call it anything more than a coincidence, but aegolism has 4 effect slots and heroism/heroic bond only 3.

Try cancel magic/nullify vs. manaskin (6 slots) and manasink (1 slot) if those are available to you.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Developer

Can also test on an ac only buff. Or shaman hos, which has no ac.

There are multiple combinations can try, to see if each effect has a value? Or if they are cumulative. Whatever.

H
Old 08-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Developer

Thanks for all the people who have been posting actual data on how cancel magic spells currently work on eqlive. How they take out different buffs. Etc.

Oh ya, those who keep saying fix it, but do nothing ... YOU SUCK.

At about 40% figured out so far. Will have it working perfect in a day or two I estimate.

H
Old 08-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Developer

Cancel magic, 100% figured out. Theory held up to tests. Will take and hour or so to code. Maybe later tonight if I have time.

H
Old 08-21-2014, 01:36 AM
Banned

u r a GOD
Old 08-21-2014, 03:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the people who have been posting actual data on how cancel magic spells currently work on eqlive. How they take out different buffs. Etc.

Oh ya, those who keep saying fix it, but do nothing ... YOU SUCK.

At about 40% figured out so far. Will have it working perfect in a day or two I estimate.

H
I spent 2 hours doing cancel magic today and the results were so strange I didn't even know if I should post them.

The first cast took 8 casts to remove aego with cancel, which was weird. Then it was usually 2-4 casts for about 20 minutes with the high being 1 time where it took 5. Then about 30 minutes in aego started dropping with 1 cancel 19/20 times. I did like 15 straight cancels where it dropped first try. This was completely different than my tests yesterday which seemed very much random between 1 and 4 every time.

I quit after a while just confused.

I'll gladly set up a keyboard macro on for any spells on a Live server and post the logs. Let me know what spells you'd like tested.

Nullify (pumice) seemed to remove 1-40s buffs in 1 cast but often took 2 casts on 40s-60s.

Annul always takes everything with 1 cast.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

some very interesting changes here, nerfing nukes and fixing dispell to randomize and be a lot less efficient surely will impact mass pvp in a good way

pras haynar for this

however life expectancy for any developer who takes on the task of coding for red99 is about 3 weeks, i will pray for haynar in the coming days
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Banned

The H is made of stern stuff
Old 08-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Developer

Biggest way to tick me off is give me crap info to bias me to incorrect results. That makes me filter through bs, wasting time. I wont take what ppl post as gospel. I also investigate.

I am a scientist by trade. Its in my nature.

H
Old 08-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Biggest way to tick me off is give me crap info to bias me to incorrect results. That makes me filter through bs, wasting time. I wont take what ppl post as gospel. I also investigate.

I am a scientist by trade. Its in my nature.

H
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]