Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Banned

Xanthias confirmed making his way over to the cool side of the pillow.

Classic baby.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealin Dragons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously IB did eh? I mean, it's not like they regularly lost mobs to TMO when they got a good core from merging... oh wait, that's right... they did start losing targets and then had the majority of their free riders ducked out before the going got really tough.

IB/TR did have a solid core, which wasn't as large as TMO's solid core after the merge. When IB's rats started hiding b/c the loot wasn't easy anymore, it forced them to pick up VD to try and gain numbers (because P99 dictates that the more members you have access too, the better your chances that you'll have enough to engage at 3am). IB got fat and ended up with dead weight that was just along for the ride, when the ride got bumpy they took a break and most only returned when epics were released and then just ditched after they got what they wanted.

I still respect most of those guys from IB's core, even the ones I don't particularly like, they stuck it out.

Also, I'm not aware of very many non-talented IB people that stayed on the server and didn't end up in TMO. I'd love to see which ones you consider talented, I can only think of 1 or 2.
IB didn't need to have a huge core of good players, they were small and did things with less. They still are commonly known throughout the community to hold records for raid targets being done with the least amount of raiders.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB didn't need to have a huge core of good players, they were small and did things with less. They still are commonly known throughout the community to hold records for raid targets being done with the least amount of raiders.
Ib was good at raiding with Hobby healing them when his magic recharging epic... that is commonly known
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Sarnak

Why are you guys comparing e-peens on overgrown fat guilds that hasn't done squat but abuse the casuals who don't know any better? If you think TMO has the better players because they won the poopsock wars of zerging with 90 people then i rest my case. Once again out of respect please do not drag IB's name with its zergified evil brother or its stepchild TR. It ended up going full retard cause apparently that was the only way the other guild of its time was going to beat IB. Seriously, zerging shit is retarded, so stop making talk about better core and "skills" when you face roll the keyboard with 60+ people.

The strength of the old IB was that you could take any of its members and do more with fewer people. Can you honestly pluck 3 random groups inside the whole zerg army of either TMO or BDA and claim they can down any target? Didn't think so. What use is your so called talented core when you have 50+ bodies to toss at a mob? Core matters when you don't have a zerg force to toss at a boss and all of their actions matter.

So instead of making stupid threads trashing on new guilds, why don't you focus on not getting embarrassed when the new raid rules go live. The title of this tread could easily apply to any zerg guild, including TMO.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 AM
Kobold

TMO is the epitome of a "zerg guild"
Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Kobold

IMO join Forceful Entry if you want a small elite guild of badasses
Old 10-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
name any target and I bet TMO has done it with either the same or less. Except some of the VP dragons that IB wiped on over and over to bug out because they couldn't get any of their shitty free riders to log in for.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealin Dragons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop splitting off and creating new guilds and jumping from one sinking ship to another.

Just come to terms that you suck and no matter what name you pick for your character or your guild, you will always suck.

The only collection of talented players are in TMO, the rest of the talented players are spread out to thinly and are happy with the guild tags they have.

Sorry shitty players, you should have joined TMO when you had the chance for loot or joined in riding the coat-tails of IB/TR before they left.
all the "good" players dont play on this server anymore. Lucky for us a few of them are able to break away from watching/waiting for replies from friend requests on their facebook accounts so they can remind us of how lame we all are 20+ times a day.

B.D.Fuckin A
Old 10-19-2012, 03:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Obviously IB did eh? I mean, it's not like they regularly lost mobs to TMO when they got a good core from merging... oh wait, that's right... they did start losing targets and then had the majority of their free riders ducked out before the going got really tough.

IB/TR did have a solid core, which wasn't as large as TMO's solid core after the merge. When IB's rats started hiding b/c the loot wasn't easy anymore, it forced them to pick up VD to try and gain numbers (because P99 dictates that the more members you have access too, the better your chances that you'll have enough to engage at 3am). IB got fat and ended up with dead weight that was just along for the ride, when the ride got bumpy they took a break and most only returned when epics were released and then just ditched after they got what they wanted.

I still respect most of those guys from IB's core, even the ones I don't particularly like, they stuck it out.

Also, I'm not aware of very many non-talented IB people that stayed on the server and didn't end up in TMO. I'd love to see which ones you consider talented, I can only think of 1 or 2.

Accurate.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Kobold

This thread made me realize that most of you have no idea what's being discussed when people like Wrei talk about Inglourious Basterds. I don't take a lot of screen shots, but I do have a few that give you an idea of what it looked like when IB raided. Keep in mind that these are level 50 characters:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We typically raided with 3-4 groups. Everyone's contribution mattered. Our tracking and porting teams were top notch. Everyone was prepared to mobilize and we could be headed to any mob very quickly. It was very common for us to put out the call, log in, mobilize, cross the world, buff, clear, and kill a mob in under five minutes.

It was nothing at all like these swarms of 40-50 players sitting and staring at a spawn point for days. Ektar led the move to turn into IB a mindless poopsocking zerg. That's why I left the guild. There's nothing fun about that.

Those were some good times. Miss you guys.
Closed Thread