Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noticed the other day that sol A and guk top have become new spots for bard Pling.
Gotta hit those high ZEM zones. Ive been using those for years
Old 06-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Another thing is, when I kite on my bard I have absolutely no problem with people picking a mob or two off my pack.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another thing is, when I kite on my bard I have absolutely no problem with people picking a mob or two off my pack.
Absolutely. I even have a macro made that I edit for whatever zone in in that lets everyone know I'm about to make a monster pull and if they want to pull a few mobs out of my kite I'm fine with that.
In fact most bards have no problem with this and will either do that or group with you and let you soak up XP for free. But unfortunately for the op, you have to actually communicate with them and not just walk into a zone and act like you already owned all the mobs you wanted simply for showing up.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Social Argo changes a few months back made it where mobs will stick around if friendly mobs are nearby. This opened up a lot more for bard PLs.

I'm not sure what happens when a bard tries to low hp kite these days, but I hear it isn't good.

And finally, if a bard is solo kitting and people start getting angry in the zone, it simply reinforces that they are doing it right (mid 30s bards can ding twice in a single pull in OT). HOWEVER, if the bard continues to be a pain in the ass, just get a Druid to cast a bunch of long duration snares on the kite, and then sit back and laugh.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Kobold

If you're not getting hate tells then you're not PLing right.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandforce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just get a Druid to cast a bunch of long duration snares on the kite, and then sit back and laugh.
Which the bard can overwrite with his short snare and wonder why the druid is wasting mana.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ya, the bard can overwrite it, but it can be a huge pain in the ass when solo kiting.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandforce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya, the bard can overwrite it, but it can be a huge pain in the ass when solo kiting.
Press 2. K done.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Banned

I'm not talking abt during the pulling part, of course it's easy to overwrite a druid snare when running all over the zone.

I'm talking about when the solo strafe kiting/killing begins. If they land a few snares and spread the mobs out, the bard has to quit kiting for a minute to overwrite the snares, regather the mobs, and then setup for the killing again. It can slow a bard way down, especially if you catch em unaware.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Move to another area. K done.
Closed Thread