Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did some CoM last night and it was pretty fun. I pulled in and around the goo house. The difficulty really is in pulling.
If I had a monk to FD pull everything to me for the kite, it would have been better.
I recommend pulling everything you see EXCEPT the goos. They have very high MR and their HP is gigantic. I was level 46 and they were blue, white, and yellow. I was doing a kite and the goo had 75% hp left when the rest of the kite died. After that I charmed the goo and murdered some golems which worked well since the goo was hitting for 120.

Good luck to anyone else that tries.
Try aoe kiting the captain camp in KC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I bet it's doable.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

I was actually looking at that court yard last night Giegue and considering it lol. With the addition of a monk for pulling, we could do so many things. I was thinking about Solb and the open area where Naggy spawns...could be fun with non-casters.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend pulling everything you see EXCEPT the goos. They have very high MR and their HP is gigantic. I was level 46 and they were blue, white, and yellow. I was doing a kite and the goo had 75% hp left when the rest of the kite died. After that I charmed the goo and murdered some golems which worked well since the goo was hitting for 120.

Good luck to anyone else that tries.
At 48, it becomes immensly easier to kite the goos with the addition of another DoT and they resist a lot less. I did CoM from 40 (staying mostly to haze golems/stables area) then up to 52-53. I started kiting the moat at around lvl 46 and it worked fine. At 48, everything on the 1st floor was easy game. Pulling mobs is the only challenge. You take a lot of hits rounding up mobs and with the weird pathing, you have to make sure you herd them up around each other. Doing circles around goo house, I've had mobs follow me in the circle, then had a few randomly turn tail and head me off in the other direction, and me not noticing it, ran right into them.

I loved CoM though and it was a fun challenge and had some good gem drops/EC loot.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try aoe kiting the captain camp in KC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I bet it's doable.
It is. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

^SS or it didn't happen!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you rolled a Bard, I or another Bard could easily PL it to 18. We could spend a few pages of this thread contemplating ways to do that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this still true! I have a level 10 bard and would love to get 20+ to start kiteing
Old 08-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Orc

Been doing OT since level 30, i'm 44 now and things are starting to slow down. Some tips for people looking to kite in OT (and i definitely recommend it, it's crazy exp):

-Not sure about berzerkers, but the sarnak knights definitely run faster than other mobs. I saw a pic earlier with knights in it and I dunno how you can do that...

-I only do succulents and cockatrices. The tigers run the same speed but definitely have slightly longer reach. Almost every time i kited with them I died, and the couple times I didn't was only because I was lucky enough to avoid stuns when I got hit. I've seen plenty of people do it but maybe it's just not for me. (I use both DoTs, if you just used DDD I suppose it would be pretty easy but take a lot longer)

-Probably gonna leave at 45 or 46, should I hit up TD next? Am I going to have similar problems with the raptors as I did with the tigers?
Old 08-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

@Maben: Yeah, i used DDD when i did OT so that I could add in the tigers. Takes a bit longer but the exp is way better with all those higher level mobs!

I'd also be curious to hear tales of kiting in TD (raptors/spirocs). Thinking of giving these a try tonight. Spirocs have shamans in the mix though, gives me some pause...and I don't know how the melee range is on raptors. CoM has too many lblues and pathing issues for my tastes, I think... I always kite super conservative (is that an oxymoron?).

@Tewaz, if you're serious about trying KC or the Naggy area, I know just the monk to pull for us (and just the cleric to rez us during the learning curve)...hit me up.

[Fri Jan 10 21:38:06 2003] Zalgyr says, '[SERVERWIDE MESSAGE] Since Phantom Raiders has once again come close to Aten Ha Ra, we will be taking the Bertoxxulous server down in 10 minutes, thank you.'
[Fri Jan 10 21:38:59 2003] Wuddaru tells the group, 'lag'
[Fri Jan 10 21:39:05 2003] * Poitez has left channel prraid73:1
[Fri Jan 10 21:39:05 2003] * Shanelle has left channel prraid73:1
Old 08-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalgyr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Maben: Yeah, i used DDD when i did OT so that I could add in the tigers. Takes a bit longer but the exp is way better with all those higher level mobs!

I'd also be curious to hear tales of kiting in TD (raptors/spirocs). Thinking of giving these a try tonight. Spirocs have shamans in the mix though, gives me some pause...and I don't know how the melee range is on raptors. CoM has too many lblues and pathing issues for my tastes, I think... I always kite super conservative (is that an oxymoron?).

@Tewaz, if you're serious about trying KC or the Naggy area, I know just the monk to pull for us (and just the cleric to rez us during the learning curve)...hit me up.
TD raptors: melee range is actually very small, had no problems kiting these at all. Were heavily camped at the time and people got mad at me so I left. Would not recommend anyways tho, they have WAYY too much health for the exp they give.

Spirocs: Much easier to do, I died the first time because of the casters though. Casters are static spawns on the mountain, you can avoid them easily by only pulling the ones on the ground and in the aviary. Didn't like it here either though because of horrible pathing while pulling. Unlike SK, you can't just aggro the top and run down to pull them all. If you are patient and pull with DoTs from the ground, or have levitate you could do it I suppose.

DL: Don't really recommend here either. Chickens are annoying to pull while avoiding all the other mobs and I could only get like a dozen or so per pull.

I did OT from 30-47. 47-48 I did grouped and a couple kites in DL. Doing Burning Woods now...it's a whole new challenge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just got my 3rd PB AE song too.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

I may have missed it..I think I've read the whole thread at one point or another...but other than gathering up mobs I don't use selo's at all...or sow pots....go get some Jboots and you have a safe constant speed to kite with all the time.