Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

When I played EQ on classic sol ro server we had events that you could only enter if you where a lvl 1 gnome mage - the winner got the title the burning champion <~~~ ME [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It was a huge hit and worked well and it was classic cause it was classic...

I have not saw any classic type gm events and being in pot ain't classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just want to pvp if you guys don't keep it classic I really don't care.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

make a new zone. use the basic models from other zones. if you want to do a capture the flag, use any type of open zone..... Skyfire for example.

add in merchants - killable or not - with NO RENT, TEMPORARY or whatever flags on items. make them free. food/water/ammo/components/etc. this way you dont have to sweat someone tryin to load up on stuff and sellin it outside of the zone.

add in the flags..... gobbos. capture them and get the count. side with the most counts get the loot rights of a bag at the end.

the possiblities that could be done with this are endless. imo, the coding would be minimal, you could use old zone landscapes, add in different models, and totally change the basic game. this could change things from an every man for himself to a 50v50 gang bang.

this has the possiblity from getting away from "Classic" but really imo.... Classic had its set of issues. Why not leave the game "Classic" but leave other things for the bored lvl50s and other people to do? if you dont like it, simply dont do it.

and if thats something that would be of interest, thats a whole thread of its own.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Project Manager

Don't feel bad posting opinions in here. We do want the feedback.

Quote:
It is just that this sounds like WOW's capture the flag. Or Warhammers Capture the flag. Or Quake World Ctf capture the flag?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_the_flag

Quote:
Capture the flag (CTF) is a traditional outdoor sport often played by children or sometimes adults where two teams each have a flag (or other marker) and the objective is to capture the other team's flag, located at the team's "base", and bring it safely back to their own base.
I suppose if we do it in a video game setting, and you played CTF in a video game, it will seem like whatever you want to apply it towards.

I personally consider it a good way to test pvp mechanics. I don't see people lining up for the arena of west freeport. /duel and arenas, and botb are classic things.

For this, no rewards or loot, or anything.. is gained. Purely optional.

Quote:
BotB tourneys ... Now that's classic eq!!
For the best of the best tournaments, titles will be awarded appropriately. On that note, there is an issue with the best of the best titles. Usually a server had 1 winner of each class, that then went to tiered battles against other servers where they could win the 2nd, or 3rd title for their class. Well, we don't have more than 1 server competing against itself... should we have 3 botb.. or just the one? A quick thought on what I'm talking about..

Three titles were given out in the best of the best competitions on live servers

-first title was the lvl 51 character title you got.
-second title was the 55 title
-third title was the 60 title

example of this.. paladins. Cavalier, Knight, Crusader

Since we will not be competing with other servers

Just before Kunark opens, we could have a prekunark best of the best. This could yield the 51 title to the winner.

Before Velious opens, we have a kunark best of the best. This could yield the 55 title to the winner.

When game is nearing high raiding level of velious, we have a velious best of the best. This could yield the 60 title to the winner.

Like I said, just a thought. We do have time.

Quote:
I have not saw any classic type gm events
Do you mean, events that happened on classic servers? We tried to do a bloody kithicor.. 150 came and it blew up the zone. I think things are running smoother now, and more optimized to handle more capacity, but it is yet untested.

Quote:
and being in pot ain't classic
Well if this was classic, you wouldn't know plane of time isn't classic. Maybe Rallos Zek was a lazy bastard on live, and never got to do CTF. I needed to choose a map that I could alter and put things in, and not have people complain about added elements to a classic zone that shouldn't be there.

All in all, do you not want this? Do you want *only* gm events from classic? No offense to the original devs, but we can do better ones.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Im with you Nilbog, i think using PoTime was a great idea. I welcome using non classic zones more frequently in the comming events. Its just unused environments that are just waiting to be used.
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Old 05-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

I had a lot of fun despite the bugs and restarts. I liked the random teams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] was cool to have to work together with people from other guilds and I think it can only help guild relations. Bards were a little off the hook but hey they have had a hard time here with all the problems with bard mechanics (happy to see they are being fixed). I played a lot of Quake III and a shit load of CTF and I definitely felt that vibe, my two favorite games combined = BADASS. I would try to convert a couple more maps as time permits, a indoor dungeon style map would be awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thanks again guys
Old 05-17-2010, 08:33 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best server ever! I know this took some work , and I'm not putting down all the hard work involved.

It is just that this sounds like WOW's capture the flag. Or Warhammers Capture the flag. Or Quake World Ctf capture the flag?

I thought this was classic eq. Not lacing parts of WoW pvp into classic eq. Because a few loud people cried for it. Since they are bored at 50. It's just not Classic Everquest in the slightest to have a capture the flag event.

Just my 2 cents :P ignore if you want.... w/e.

BotB tourneys ... Now that's classic eq!!

Just seems to me that people are missing Wow or something. Doesn't hurt anything I guess. It's just very odd. I just don't get involved in the pvp part of the game. Eq is PvE to me "asides from the botb". Always will be. It's nice to have events don't get me wrong. This just reminds the majority of the players of World of Warcraft. Flame away [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] just my opinion.

It's not like they are being FORCED to ruin their classic experience. This is completely voluntary.

Also, This is taken from Quake, which is in the same era as classic EQ. A lot of the original EQ devs are quake fans. BFG for example. While it wasn't in classic it's a nice little diversion. It's not like we're summoning you in there and saying "LOL DO IT"

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 05-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

secrets duel meeeee
Old 05-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the best of the best tournaments, titles will be awarded appropriately. On that note, there is an issue with the best of the best titles. Usually a server had 1 winner of each class, that then went to tiered battles against other servers where they could win the 2nd, or 3rd title for their class. Well, we don't have more than 1 server competing against itself... should we have 3 botb.. or just the one? A quick thought on what I'm talking about..

Three titles were given out in the best of the best competitions on live servers

-first title was the lvl 51 character title you got.
-second title was the 55 title
-third title was the 60 title

example of this.. paladins. Cavalier, Knight, Crusader

Since we will not be competing with other servers

Just before Kunark opens, we could have a prekunark best of the best. This could yield the 51 title to the winner.

Before Velious opens, we have a kunark best of the best. This could yield the 55 title to the winner.

When game is nearing high raiding level of velious, we have a velious best of the best. This could yield the 60 title to the winner.
This sounds like a great idea
Old 05-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..... and I'm not putting down all the hard work involved.
Read the rest of your post. You did put down the hard work done on the server, because when the Devs decided they wanted to have some fun, you put down their efforts.

Then your enticement of "Flame away" means that you intentionally were putting the Devs down and knew it.

Congratulations, you made my list.

Haynar
Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Kobold

I applaud any effort to add some PvP into P99, despite the nightmare of trying to balance everything. Thanks devs.

Naysayers can go fuck themselves.
Closed Thread