Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:31 AM
Kobold

Default Unimplemented Zone Lines..?

So... I've made a number of maps for Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory using GTK radiant... (this is relevant because I have the ability to make maps that can be imported to EQ using GTK and programs available on EQemu)

I'm working on a side project that re-realizes regions that existed on the classic EQ map, but were either never added, or implemented (poorly) later on.

Three areas that seem to be obvious to me lie in city zones; North Freeport, Ak'Anon, and Oggok.

There also seems to be an obvious zone point in Stonebrunt (in fact, SoD uses it) and another possible location that may have been used (in the 'mine' near the kerran settlement)

There's also the one in the Hole, but it seems to be an assumed zone point for the underfoot (long before it was actually implemented) so it is not worth mentioning, here.

Other, possible zone points exist in Everfrost and Rathe Mountains, although it would appear that Verant decided to use these points to place mobs, (under the frozen river in everfrost, n' they stuck a shrine and a sphinx at the end of the one in RM)

The point of this thread is to mine the collective minds of the community to gather information on other possible zone point locations that I've overlooked in order to connect some of those missing regions...

For example, Faydwer seems to be utterly devoid of unimplemented zone points other than the one in Ak'Anon (which I envision leading to a ruined city populated with rogue clockworks, which then leads to a different PoI) but has six different regions listed on the map that as far as I know still do not exist in game.

Antonica has seven areas still unused, with five others that were introduced later on (Ykeshka+)

Odus has three, with one or two later implemented.

I'm still correlating data for Kunark & Velious.

The point is, I would prefer to use regions that seem like legit zone points than to have hackneyed npc teleporters, and could really use any data anyone can provide.

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Oasis, Orc Highway.
Plane of Hate @ Innoruuk.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Kobold

The Orc Highway location seems to be clipped off, without completely remaking Oasis I don't know if I can implement that zone point properly and (not that it is of any relevance at all) SoE dropped the Rujarkian Hills LDoN or Takish'Hiz LDoN at that particular location (Takish'Hiz should in all reality be connected to Befallen -.-)

Thank you, though! I'll look into the Hate zone point tonight.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Kobold

Okay.. since my memory failed me, and I ended up killing Inno in about sixteen seconds, would you happen to have a /loc? -.- sigh...
Old 08-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Hall behind froglok king in gukbottom...

Is it possible to alter existing zones? I.E. could you add zonelines? Or create new ones in existing zones?
Does anyone know where Verant was going to place the "Tower of Rot" and "The Pit"?

If you want some help envisioning the lore behind these zones you are designing I'd love to offer my help.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hall behind froglok king in gukbottom...

Is it possible to alter existing zones? I.E. could you add zonelines? Or create new ones in existing zones?
Does anyone know where Verant was going to place the "Tower of Rot" and "The Pit"?

If you want some help envisioning the lore behind these zones you are designing I'd love to offer my help.
Set up an invisible/untargetable NPC where you want a zone line with a proximity script that causes it to zone the players that get near it.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What about all the unimplemented areas on this classic map? Like the Loping plains and Wayunder Lake in Faydwear.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about all the unimplemented areas on this classic map? Like the Loping plains and Wayunder Lake in Faydwear.
A lot of those have been used in recent expansions. Loping Plains, Dragonscale Hills are used in Secrets of Feydwer, and some of the Odus zones are used in that expansion with the pirates.

Unfortunately, they are fairly uninspired. Shocking, I know.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

ah ok

i keep forgetting theres been like 17 expansions
Old 08-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

This thread might interest you. The idea was to implement all the Planes of Power in a way that they are only accessible from the original three continents (in other words no PoKnowledge or PoTranquility).

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11879

It was just a purely hypothetical for fun thread but some of the zonelines you already mentioned would definitely fit with these planes.
Closed Thread