Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Orc

Default Ingame Name Change

I am currently requesting to change my Ingame Name Change. It is currently BarrackObama. I made this character without the reality that I might actually play on this character. I made him to just kinda look around. I am catching alot of grieft from this name and its inhibiting a positive gameplay experience for myself. Please point me in the right direction to get a name change. I learned a lesson never use a name that is prominent in politics or religion even if it was only as a joke.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Use the petition forum. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunarking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am currently requesting to change my Ingame Name Change. It is currently BarrackObama. I made this character without the reality that I might actually play on this character. I made him to just kinda look around. I am catching alot of grieft from this name and its inhibiting a positive gameplay experience for myself. Please point me in the right direction to get a name change. I learned a lesson never use a name that is prominent in politics or religion even if it was only as a joke.
Haha, yea petition forum. Be sure to have quite a few names selected in advance in case the ones you want are taken. Seen you in FoB a few times, funny name.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

Throwing away golden name

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:55 AM
Kobold

let me know so i can make him next, yewwwwwwwww.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

I hope they make you keep it. Reroll.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

last i saw, he wasn't high enough to worry about.. reroll
Old 04-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WOFURY [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
last i saw, he wasn't high enough to worry about.. reroll
Obviously our president is high raising minimum wage.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

That post came off more assholish than I meant it. Sorry.

What I meant was - it would probably be easier to re-roll than to get an act of congress performed for a name change. Especially while you are still fairly low level without any difficult to obtain gear.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunarking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name of somebody irl

Quote:
Naming Policy
Character names in EverQuest should be thematically consistent with the high-fantasy environment of EverQuest. These guidelines apply both forenames and surnames, and also to the combination produced by a forename and surname. (For example, the first name Clint and the last name Eastwood are both acceptable names separately, but Clint Eastwood is not.)

The server staff can, in accordance with all described rules and ultimate discretion, provide assistance with surname changes, including names with multiple capital letters and/or a single accent grave (`). Examples of this are Kirn V`Last, Harl McTarnigal, Leeza MacTeagan.

The server staff will be happy to change your surnames on request, however we will not provide forename changes unless the name violates the naming policy.

Names from popular media. These names can be either fictional (e.g. Rambo, Darthvader) or non-fictional (e.g. Garth Brooks, Pierce Brosnan, George Washington, Michael Jordan).
Your name offends me and is against policy, I want OPs name changed its killing my immersion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]