Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 12:25 AM
Kobold

Default Soul bond

This effect is on the soul binder and the zealots incarnadine sword. This effect seems like it heals you over time but for how much?

I duo with a shm quite a bit. Would like to help help out in areas I can. Currently I'm lvl 44 and the binder starts to proc at 46. Wondering if it's worth the investment as a starting weap till it procs or look for another weap to with like tash of some other debuff to help him out?
Old 04-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

War or sk?

If war and you want to help him out I'd get bloodpoints. The heal from zealots is something like 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and then overwrites if you proc again.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Kobold

Sorry 44 sk
Old 04-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

id wager that in the end, the best way you can "help him out" is to use the flat out best ratio weps you can get for your budget, and therefore finish the fight and stop taking damage as soon as possible
Old 04-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

"It doesnt exactly seem to say here exactly but it is 5 ticks 5hp, 10hp, 15, 20, 25, for 75 hp total it procs a ton which almost makes it worse as it starts over at 5hp every time....too bad it didnt count back wards"

^ From 2004 alla comment, not sure if it works the same here. As others said you'd probably be better off just using a weapon with a better ratio if you can afford it. If you still want to not need so much healing, I'd recommend using a shield + ebon mace or noctivagant blade or whatever good 1hander you can get. The shield AC will probably prevent an amount of additional damage comparable to what the lifetap proc would heal over the course of a fight.
If you can't afford a setup like that, just stick with a Deathbringer's Rod for more damage.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 04-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Kobold

ATM I use a 2hs mostly. 2hs eats old world and kunark mobs but doesn't really cut it with velious.

Crafted Velium Claidhmore
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Slashing Atk Delay: 36
DMG: 30
WT: 5.7 Size: LARGE
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD
Race: ALL

With SCHWs. It sounds like the soul bound effect won't be much benefit because as u said it can proc a lot and it does start at 5hp-75hp and restarts each proc. I might grab a soul binder at 46 to try it out. I like the sword and board idea. Was going to get a Noc blade or a MOSS.

Besides the debate over best ratio what 1hs/b/p debuff procs that would help benefit him land his spells on mobs. Along with 1hs/b/p's that will help make my life easier on my limited mana pool.

Now my play time is limited and don't have unlimited supply of plat. I'd like to have some weaps available for certain situations that say me or him can't take care of with our spell sets or when low mana. Granted these weaps wouldn't be out very long. Once proc lands and debuff's or buffs me then it will be swapped out for better ratio.

I have looked at the wiki's and granted haven't looked at all weaps to see if they have procs and what kinds. Any suggestions would help.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:34 AM
Aviak

Journeyman's walking stick for tash. Not sure what level is required for the proc. Relatively cheap. Couple hundred plat I believe.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:10 AM
Large Rat

ratio gonna be best bang for the buck likely, ur innate proc + good ratio. Use your taps if you wanna help heal, the best thing you can do is kill the mobs faster. The nature of the proc is such that multiple procs are no good. Be like casting splurt on something before it hits the last tick!
Closed Thread