Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RDawg816, YES definitely going to get a Staff of Battle, but after I buy the SCHW I think. My current weapons feel very strong and were also super affordable. Agreed that Staff + haste will rock!
What's your in-game name? I have a SoB on my warrior you could borrow until you get your own. I might have other stuff lying around, too....
Old 02-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Kobold

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's your in-game name? I have a SoB on my warrior you could borrow until you get your own. I might have other stuff lying around, too....
My character's name is Rabkan. Thanks dude! I appreciate it, would rather skill up 2 HB at the same time if possible, so that's great, will definitely try to help you out in return when I can.

I should be on around 730 / 8 PM CT for an hour or two this evening. This weekend my buddy's in town so I won't be playing as much, but I'll be on Friday evening as well. Hit me up, help or not!
Old 02-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

I should be able to log in tonight after work. I'll look for you.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SCHW, do sky at 46 for Belt of Incontinence.
Nice belt- unfortunately you sheit yourself every time you put it on, but haste is haste, amirite?
Old 02-13-2017, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice belt- unfortunately you sheit yourself every time you put it on, but haste is haste, amirite?
That's actually really funny. For reference, the item is supposed to be Belt of Contention.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:03 PM
Aviak

What makes the SCHW sell for less than FBSS? Seems like the stats are better
Old 02-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsoider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What makes the SCHW sell for less than FBSS? Seems like the stats are better
glove slot _always_ has way better stats than the belt slot, so you're sacrificing a more important item slot for your haste. the fact that the stats are comparable means FBSS is significantly better.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:26 PM
Aviak

Probably a mix of a few reasons:
-SCHW weighs 1.0 compared to 0.1 for FBSS, P1999 seems extremely heavy on monks for melee, a class who cares about weight quite a bit more then the extra 1% haste and trivial stats on original "pre-buff" SCHW.

-Fashionquest says you probably would prefer visible main armor slots. Belt slot irrelevant here.

-SCHW while a higher level camp, is much easier to break and hold for level appropriate/overleveled solo/duos when compared to frenzied ghoul in lower Guk. Much faster spawn times in Velk's and more common drop as well leading to:

-Increased availability and supply overtime on SCHW as more people farm in Velious over old original content.

-Finally, generally speaking it's just far easier to find, loot and/or buy/sell good hand slot items for most classes compared to belts. Most belts that had significant stats were either extremely rare/expensive or were End game No drop or quest rewards.

Just some speculation from a guy who played at the original release and still sometimes wishes I had the free time now to play on P1999. Now if I was starting up here today I would definitely buy SCHW. Sure you might find replacements for them more often, but with the cash you saved you can equip yourself overall much faster.
Last edited by rajax; 02-22-2017 at 10:31 PM..
Old 02-23-2017, 12:16 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably a mix of a few reasons:
-SCHW weighs 1.0 compared to 0.1 for FBSS, P1999 seems extremely heavy on monks for melee, a class who cares about weight quite a bit more then the extra 1% haste and trivial stats on original "pre-buff" SCHW.

-Fashionquest says you probably would prefer visible main armor slots. Belt slot irrelevant here.

-SCHW while a higher level camp, is much easier to break and hold for level appropriate/overleveled solo/duos when compared to frenzied ghoul in lower Guk. Much faster spawn times in Velk's and more common drop as well leading to:

-Increased availability and supply overtime on SCHW as more people farm in Velious over old original content.

-Finally, generally speaking it's just far easier to find, loot and/or buy/sell good hand slot items for most classes compared to belts. Most belts that had significant stats were either extremely rare/expensive or were End game No drop or quest rewards.

Just some speculation from a guy who played at the original release and still sometimes wishes I had the free time now to play on P1999. Now if I was starting up here today I would definitely buy SCHW. Sure you might find replacements for them more often, but with the cash you saved you can equip yourself overall much faster.

drugs
Old 02-23-2017, 01:12 AM
Aviak

Damn. You guys(gals) broke it down. Very nice. My thanks
Closed Thread