Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:20 AM
Aviak

Default i cant kill whites

I have a 23 shadow knight, not twink

I cant kill whites, they beat my ass ¿Is this normal? ¿What im doing bad? I have read that SK can solo well
Old 03-01-2017, 08:35 AM
Sarnak

That is def correct. For most classes past level 10 or so you'll be hard pressed to solo kill even con mobs. And even if you manage to do so you'll likely need time to recover before you can take on the next mob which is inefficient for exping. For soloing you want to look for mobs that are just barely dark blue and sometimes even light blue/green. You'll be killing them more quickly with less risk and downtime, which will lead to most exp.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotenvok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have read that SK can solo well
Please let me know where you read that. Without breeze or clarity you will be sitting on your butt longer than you will be fighting.

This is the way it was on live when I played an SK, someone that plays an SK on P99 can tell me it is different here.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

typical white male cis scum can't even be killed.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Sarnak

Maybe he means. "Can solo well" for a plate class? Aka can solo at all...

They can do ok fear kiting. Definitely slower than a necro, but not too terribly up to prob mid 40s at least. I still solo sometimes with my 35 Sk when I'm LFG. Better then sitting around doing nothing.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

If you are not a non-twink melee (or even hybrid), odds are a white mob is going to wreck you in a straight brawl. You have to either mitigate their damage somehow, (fear for sks) and learn to play around your abilities.

You're not just a brick wall that cast's lifetap and disease cloud.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

At that level you should be able to solo most even /con opponents via fear-kiting. Snare target, fear target, attack, repeat as necessary. Most the time you'll win, although every now and then you'll get a bad luck string of resists that runs you out of mana too quickly. Leveling my own Shadow Knight years ago I was able to solo evens at least into the upper 30's. As other players have said you should favor low blues for most of your solo leveling.

The Shadow Knight solos 'well' mainly in comparison with other tank classes. Paladins solo only poorly, and Warriors hardly do so at all. Compared against all classes the Shadow Knight's solo capability is lower-mid range at best, with many classes (casters, mostly) being much superior in this respect.

Danth
Old 03-01-2017, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotenvok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 23 shadow knight, not twink

I cant kill whites, they beat my ass ¿Is this normal? ¿What im doing bad? I have read that SK can solo well
All you need is a fungi tunic and you will be killing whites, yellows, sometimes even reds at lvl 23.

Also, if you are not twinked reroll a troll or ogre. Their starting stats make up for a lack of gear.

Choosing wimpy scrawny races like dark elves or erudites is only fun for novelty and they require decent gears or you will feel the suffering of a true gimp for a long time.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

A completely non-twinked SK won't be able to straight toe to toe a white con at that level. As already mentioned, fear kiting will allow for this to some degree but white cons will resist you often enough to exhaust your mana pool.

Not twinked, you should really be looking for the lowest level dark blue cons you can find and kill those while broadcasting lfg. Having literally any partner (dps or support) will net you much better xp gains along with general safety.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

You should be able to kill red con hill giants - just use Ivory's Shadow Archer technique!

But seriously, that's normal without twink gear or a large expenditure of mana.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Closed Thread