Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 08:24 AM
Aviak

Default 60 Paladin gear - need advice on upgrades ! (tradable or one grouped items)

Hey all,

I just hit 60 with my paladin and I was wondering how I could upgrade my gear with tradable items (or no drop items that could be obtained with one group, not talking about raid stuff).

Here is my magelo :
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_...lo_Blue:Jonsno

Do you guys have any idea to upgrade my gear, with stuff that could be obtained with one group or bought at EC (I only have 10k in bank atm).

Most of my stuff is the Enchanted Dwarven set (without WIS), so I know I could already get the WIS set (enchanted imbued), but I guess WIS is not the priority for a pally...

Thanks for help !
Old 03-30-2017, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

What do you feel holds your paladin back in the content you would like to be doing?
Old 03-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Fingerbone Hoop and Lodizal Shell Shield would both be good upgrades, as well as a +6 talisman from Western Wastes dragons. More resists and AC in general are what I would shoot for.
You can also do Coldain Ring through 9th with one group (maybe 2 for plate cycle depending on levels) and you can start on Eyepatch of Plunder (soloable other than Lodi bit camps are a pain). Could grind faction in Droga to get ready for Aegis of Bathezid (name?) when Chardok 2.0 gets released.
For the visible dwarven pieces there really isnt a lot better until Skyshrine quest armor but you can buy MQs for that stuff for 5k to 15k minus BP and legs.

Tldr; look at my magelo, most of it is from 1 groupable content or purchaseable. Get more resists and shoot for 270 worn AC.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 03-30-2017, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

The dwarven cultural plate can be difficult to replace. Any lower-end replacement will likely involve sacrificing some magic resist. The main stat you're presently lacking seems to be armor; 236 worn AC is quite low for a level 60 tank. I can list some obvious options.

Ear: Black sapphire electrum.
Face: Crystal Spider Eyes, optionally Matchless Dragonskin Mask.
Back: White Bear Pelt Cloak
Shoulder: Dragonwing Mantle (heavy or better)
Wrist: Silver Chitin Wristband
Legs: Dragonleg Breeches (peerless or better)
Hands: Kobold Bone Gauntlets (this is very cheap), optional Crystal Chitin gauntlets
Feet: Barbed Dragonscale Boots
Weapon: Sword of Blessings (nodrop, from Velketor's)

Obtaining all of the above would result in gaining a fair amount of AC plus some hit points. I listed absolutely no quest MQ's; Thurgadin armor MQ's would provide obvious upgrades for the chest, legs, and helm, at least. The cost of obtaining all of these items (or other equivalents) will be higher than your present 10K budget, but that merely means it's something to work towards. Every item listed above satisfies the requirement of being either obtainable by a full group or less, or able to be purchased.

Shodo's suggested items are generally better than what I list here, but typically are vastly more expensive or require far more effort to obtain. Those are good items for a longer-term outlook.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 03-30-2017 at 11:24 AM..
Old 03-30-2017, 02:17 PM
Aviak

Default My Paladin

This is my base. http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_B...e:Tearsin_Rain you can tell I haven't done much Velious content. I just returned to the game not long ago so I am working on it. Gearing a Paladin for raids is easy. Resist gear, and more resist gear. You're not going to tank dragons, ever. Gear your stats for survival in raid situations. Gearing for group content is easy. As long as your Cleric pals don't say 'Hey, you're squishy as fuck' you'll be just fine.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:42 AM
Aviak

Thanks for answers,

I'll try to buy 2 Black Sapphire Electrum Earring and Crystal Chitin gauntlets for now.
I'll probably go to Velks later to farm 2 Silver Chitin Wristband and a Sword of Blessings
Old 03-31-2017, 07:22 AM
Banned

@OP the fact that you have 88 wisdom is shocking. Your mana pool must last the extent of about 4 heals, and you must be thirsty as fuck for med breaks during group content.

----

in general:

all your paladin's are bad because you haven't invested your efforts in to their manapools.

paladin/sk can tank the content they are meant for well in kunark gear ( they aren't raid tanks with the exceptions of Kunark aka 32k hp mobs ).

post that if you don't have access to high end velious gear you want to build your paladin around a mana pool.

the difference between having +50 ac and 20 stm vrs 20 wisdom base and +100 mana cannot be related, a mana build is simply the best way to build a Paladin/SK.

a knights' power is based entirely on it's manapool, with the exception of the very, very rare raid tanking chance and then all you need to do is survive the total hit amounts per round and keep agro which....if you think about it a 3.5k hp necro could do with sufficient healing...but they cant keep the agro.

How do I know this? because I had a velious geared Paladin, and a kunark geared Paladin had a better mana pool than mine.

you're not there to do damage so you can fuck strength right off, you got yaulp anyhow +40 str. (http://wiki.project1999.com/Yaulp_IV)
stacking stamina is gunna give you shit all returns, 10 stm = 52 hp. so by the time you stack 100 stm you gained a total of 520hp

that's equivilant to 1 heal......if you spent your time more wisely and stacked wisdom you're mana pool would be probably 600-700-800 more and that's between 2-3 heals extra.

( you gotta think outside the box boys )

WISDOM>STM>STR should be the order you stack stats in as a paladin

a 2k hp 3.5k mana pool base paladin is gunna do a lot more than a 2.5 khp 2k mana pool paladin....the end of the debate.
Last edited by Beastagoog; 03-31-2017 at 07:39 AM..
Old 03-31-2017, 07:40 AM
Banned

also to all the people that go " boo hoo /cry " you need strength for agro because damage = agro.

Guess what, you have the best friggen agro spell in the game called Flash of Light..
Old 03-31-2017, 07:45 AM
Banned

3x rage post:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Mandak

I'd fuck off the idol of thorn and get that +18 wisdom sea meat idol, you'll find you should get almost 250 mana from it iirc aka one more HoT/sup heal outta your paladin: vrs 50hp and a tiny increase to your damage output

in addition keeping with your "group theme only" i'd fuck off the DW bracer and get one of those + 12wisdom bracers from WW dragons.

Those two items alone will now get you to 159+12+18 = 189 wisdom and you can prob afford 2 more heals outta your paladin. ( that's 1k more healing potential or 1.4k-1.6k from your hots depending on ticks)
Last edited by Beastagoog; 03-31-2017 at 08:02 AM..
Old 03-31-2017, 07:52 AM
Banned

https://wiki.project1999.com/Matchle...onhorn_Bracers

+12 wisdom
Closed Thread