Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Default Habits you just couldn't drop after switching characters...

Sneaking! So great, so versatile!

Using sneak is so imprinted on my neurones that even when playing a dark elf cleric or barbarian shaman I still find myself approaching merchants from the rear!

What EQ behaviours have you found difficult to shift even once they are no longer useful?
Old 01-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Doesn't matter what caster class I'm playing, gate always goes in spell slot 8 and the bottom right slot of the spell book...can't shake it, wouldn't be right if it was anywhere else. That shit started on live in 1999 and continues [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

I press FD more times than I should when I switch off my monk.

Whats that? A mob aggrod'd?! Lets just FD it! *casts snare* !?!?!!????

Another thing I do is think that I'm still on my monk and just run through dungeons/mobs, forgetting I'm on another inept toon! I guess I just forget I'm not on superpowered op monk sometimes :P
Old 01-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Another thing I do is think that I'm still on my monk and just run through dungeons/mobs, forgetting I'm on another inept toon! I guess I just forget I'm not on superpowered op monk sometimes :P
You are not alone (^。^)
Old 01-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

That's definately 'Tracking' for me, I hit my track button on all of my toons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

Divine Aura / Feign Death in slot 7 (depending on toon) and Gate in slot 8 as well.

Slot 6 is always a root of some kind.

You can always tell the pure melee alts of casters/priests. They are the ones sitting between pulls. Its a ridiculously hard habit to break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can always tell the pure melee alts of casters/priests. They are the ones sitting between pulls. Its a ridiculously hard habit to break.
This one for me for sure. I mainly play a necro, but have a baby rogue that I play sometimes when i want to group or just dick around. And yes I think on more than one occasion I've had some confused group members wondering why I'm sitting down between every pull.

To be honest, I don't know how people main pure melees. Every time I play one I feel like I'm mostly just standing around and/or pushing like 1-2 buttons. Total opposite of a necro, who is constantly having to do something to be efficient, swapping out spells, paying attention to a pet, etc.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Divine Aura / Feign Death in slot 7 (depending on toon) and Gate in slot 8 as well.

Slot 6 is always a root of some kind.

Interesting....ive always used 8 for gate, 7 for "main defensive spell" (be it DA, FD, RUNE etc.) and 6 for root as well.

Classic-be-damned I'd love to haveat those "spell sets" on p99.

Oh and off topic.....the fucking KEYRING too!!!!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

On cleric (L52)

1. CH
2. Patch
3. HoT
4. Root
5. Stun/Nuke Undead/buff
6. DA
7. DB
8. Gate/buff

Druid (L57)

1. Heal
2. Thorns
3. Snare
4. Root
5. Nuke
6. Nuke/buffs/debuffs (usually regrowth)
7. Nuke/buffs/debuffs/charm
8. Gate/port/buff

Another habit i have when switching to casters is in my provisioning. I dint carry water on my monk, apoarently casters need water. /shrug
Old 01-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

- Mashing /who nonstop after playing on red.
- Playing a ranger or something, having Track button or somesuch to stress spam at hotkey1, then switching to SK and randomly FDing constantly since it's the same hotkey.
- Killing my recently summoned pet since using CoS whenever possible such a SK standard.