Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Default Porting and Faction. What a Druid needs to know

Hello.

I hit 39 and am going to be porting some in order to gear up. I am concerned about some of the conversations I have seen in OOC about "CoV" faction and porting people into WL - Wuoshi will kill me if I do not improve CoV faction.

Reading about this I learned that if I have good CoV faction I will be good to port people into WL but I will have bad Coldain Dwarf Thurgadin faction and wont be able to go to Thurgadin.

Back in the day I quit just after Velious came out and never did much there. Can you please discuss what a porting druid needs to do to port people safely to WL without being KOS and what does that mean for Thurgadin. Thank you.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Kobold

And where the heck is that Phillip Aghvilseus guy that sells the WL porting spells?

And do I have to run through Kael to pick up WL tooth and how do I know if Wuoshi is up?
Old 06-28-2017, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Just kill giants until you have good faction. There's almost always a WL faction group going. You can have good faction with dragons and dwarves at the same time.

And yes you gotta go through Kael to get the WL tooth, but will have to wait til he's dead or you have good faction to grab it or else he'll kill you.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Banned

You can be fine in Thurg and Skyshrine simultaneously. I don't actually even see Kael as a city, I see it as a dungeon
Old 06-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Im sorry that I misunderstood that COV and COLDAIN were opposing factions. So I can kill giants to improve COV faction for porting interests and not worry about future Thurgadin visits.

Thank you.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And where the heck is that Phillip Aghvilseus guy that sells the WL porting spells?

And do I have to run through Kael to pick up WL tooth and how do I know if Wuoshi is up?
To find out if Wuoshi is up, just do a /who all wakening and ask someone who ported in. Most people in the zone know if Wuoshi is up and running around.

The spells Ring of Cobalt Scar and Ring of Wakening Lands are not in the game. Phillip Aghllsews is in the tower. Look at the map and it's marked #3. You have to run all the way to the top.

The WL tooth is located at the WL druid ring where Wuoshi sits.

No tooth is needed to port to IceClad
Great Divide tooth will allow you to get ported to IceClad and Great Divide
Wakening Land tooth will allow you to get ported to IceClad, Great Divide and Wakening Land
Cobalt Scar tooth will allow you to get ported to all four locations.
Last edited by Gumbo; 06-28-2017 at 06:34 PM..
Old 07-09-2017, 04:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Some advice that's not related to WL:

Always offer to invis people before porting to North Karana (Circle of Karana). Regardless, always load an evac before porting. They'll thank you when they're getting murdered by treants. The same applies to a lesser extent in West Commonlands (Circle of Commons). I recommend Succor: Butcher, the ring there is completely safe for everyone.

When porting to Skyfire (Winds of the North) and Emerald Jungle (Winds of the South), casting the spell again in-zone will take you to the evac point in that zone (Field of Bone zoneline in EJ, Overthere zoneline in SF)
Old 07-12-2017, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagefootAngerhands [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When porting to Skyfire (Winds of the North) and Emerald Jungle (Winds of the South), casting the spell again in-zone will take you to the evac point in that zone (Field of Bone zoneline in EJ, Overthere zoneline in SF)
The part about FoB was something I didn't know... Thx for tip

Kalepto Mayniak - 54 Half-Elf Rogue

Ithamar Kenobi- 57 High Elf Magician
171 research skill
Old 07-12-2017, 02:08 AM
Sarnak

It might be easier to go through Skyshrine into Cobalt Scar and pick up the tooth there. It enables you to use all dragon circles. Just need someone with a key to click you from Skyshrine to Cobalt Scar.
Closed Thread