Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

1080ti should let you run r99 on max graphics
Old 06-18-2017, 10:07 PM
Orc

I'm running a 1080ti, replaced 2 980's with it.
I absolutely love the card. No hiccups on anything I can think of.

Went with the founder's edition.

Just wanted to throw in my .2 cents
Old 06-19-2017, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sespeedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm running a 1080ti, replaced 2 980's with it.
I absolutely love the card. No hiccups on anything I can think of.

Went with the founder's edition.

Just wanted to throw in my .2 cents
That's the model I've been leaning towards. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

I made this same suggestion in unbrella's PC building thread, but if you can find a decently priced Antec P280 case you should definitely grab one. Far and away the best case I've ever found. Built in dust filters, plenty of room (2 SSD bays + 5 or 6 regular HDD bays), and it doesn't look like something you'd find in a 14 year old gamer's bedroom.

Aside from that, unless you plan to run an SLI set up I doubt you need a 1000w power supply. People tend to overestimate how large a PSU they need. Definitely add up the power draw for the parts you decide on yourself to be sure, but might be able to save a few bucks there. I only have a 700w supply for my OC'd 2500k 970gtx set up, which is obviously less power than your set up at face value, but with the OC and hard drives (2 ssd, 8 mechanical) it probably isnt that far off.

Also, would definitely echo the need for a bigger SSD. I had a 250gb SSD only for my OS and games, but ended up buying a second because games are huge these days. My GTA V folder is 70gb alone. Thats one game taking up over 25% of the SSD. The great thing about hard drives is you can upgrade over time. Get the small NVME drive for your OS and games/programs that you use a lot, then later get a second, maybe cheaper SATA ssd, to store all your other games/programs.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a Hard Job Being a Daddy Dom.

It's a job that it's not cut out for many.

Here are some of the things you will have to learn to do or how to deal with:

Learning to speak in the third person (i.e. Daddy wants you to cum for him)
Glitter is NOT your enemy. No, really it is not, you will see it so much and everywhere you will come to love it yourself....Eventually.
Your legs will fall asleep quite often, from having a "grown up child" on your lap... A lot, but really you'll get used to it.... Eventually.
Enforcing rules requires patience, lots and lots of patience, you will often feel like you are in the military.
Speaking of rules, know that your Little is very skillful and resourceful when it comes to rules negotiations, etc.
Watching cartoons will often be replace by your favorite sport on TV...But you'll get use to it....Eventually.
You must always have some sort of sweets/candy on hand AT ALL TIMES.
You must always have an endless supply of stickers.
You will hear all the excuses on planet Earth about not being able to do chores, in some cases even tasks assigned.
There really is no limit on how many stuffies a Little can have, and when in doubt, buy them another stuffie.
Mood swings are a thing, yes they happen quite often, nope, nothing you can do about them.
Building a blanket forte "perfectly" or to your Little's "instructions" will be more difficult then putting together a baby crib or cabinet, the difference is, one comes with real instructions.
Did I mention glitter will become your best friend yet? Specially when you see it all over the place, yes that means even your toys...But, you will get used to it....Eventually.
Learning how to sleep on your side or on 1/3 of the bed and with stuffies all around and in between you will be difficult and quite challenging.
Learning the names of all your Little's stuffies, and I mean ALL of them. Mixing or forgetting their name is a huge offense and you will have a very pouty Little when this happens. They have too many, you say? I wish you good luck my friend, good luck!
Being a Daddy Dom It's s a hard job but the rewards you get are:

Being someone's entire Universe
Being a Super Hero on someone's eyes
All the cuddles and kisses
Someone who is willing to please and serve you in everyway
Someone who melts with just a pat on their head
You're very own personal fuck toy
Being entrusted with someone else's love and heart

PS: This mostly apply to ME and the kind of Little I am, as all Littles are different.

Please feel free to add your own!

=^.^=
Are you that mtb tripper guy?
Old 06-19-2017, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you figured it out nirdog
Old 06-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Banned

The field mouse is quick but the owl sees at night

DNC killed Seth Rich btw
Old 06-22-2017, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds more like a semi-literate Japan.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:01 AM
Sarnak

EDIT: Just went back and read that you already have those components. This then can be a guide for other aspiring builders. BTW how are you cooling you CPU?

No talk of RGB. Need to think about that. I'd get that corsair crystal case with the tempered glass.

About GPU, like mentioned earlier it really matters what your monitors resolution and refresh rate are. At your current 1080 / 60hz set up a 1060 will crush. If you step up to 2k then at least 1070 @100+ Hz. Although 1080 are a great deal atm and can really push 2k nicely.

You may not want a 1000w PSU because it is overkill for that system. 750 is plenty.

I'd make sure you set aside at least $500 USD for a monitor. At least 27".

Try to get at least 500gb on your m.2 ssd. The 250 will be filled before you know it.
You prolly don't need 32 gigs of ram. Unless it's RGB of course. I'd look for 16 gig 3000 kit. If you find you need more can always add when prices go down.

Could drop to an i5 if you need the funds to go towards ssd or display.

I'll put some links to components when I get to my battle station.

Friends currently on EverQuest:
---------------------------------
There are no players in EverQuest that match those who filters.
Last edited by Utmost; 06-22-2017 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: reading comrehension
Old 06-22-2017, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

I'm fairly happy with the components that I purchased. It's a solid PC for what I've paid into it so far. My only real regret is not buying the 500GB M.2 right away (I underestimated just how ridiculously fast these things are), which is why I asked in my OP if adding another M.2 to this setup would limit the speed to either. I'm fairly certain they each use 4x PCI-E lanes so I don't know if they'd have to share when adding extra. The MOBO itself has 3 dedicated M.2 slots and the manual that came with it shows diagrams of various configurations, such as which SATA slots get disabled when adding the first two M.2's, and then the last 4x PCI-E slot gets disabled if you add a 3rd, but it doesn't actually mention anything about how many PCI-E channels each one uses. I have until July 12th to send the 250GB 960 EVO back to upgrade to 500GB instead, which I'm leaning towards.

My CPU heatsink is currently a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO w/ 120MM PWM fan. It was rated highly and cost 29.99 on amazon with Prime membership, came with decent thermal paste etc. It's huge, and it keeps the cpu nice and cool so far, though I'll look into liquid cooling sometime in the future.

I didn't go with any RGB components. The only thing lighted in my build is the MOBO. I'm not taking it anywhere to show off, so I wasn't that interested in lighting. If anything I may buy an RGB strip in the future, which the MOBO has a connection for.

I understand that for what I'm currently running, the 1000W PSU is a bit more than required, but I kept future upgrades in mind when ordering parts. The last PC I built was like 8-10 years ago, it had a 750W PSU and was partially modular. It lasted me through many upgrades until just a year or two ago when it finally died.

I'm going to be getting the 1080ti for GPU, they're around 600 USD right now depending on what model and cooling method you go with. I was originally considering SLI, since I'm interested in upgrading to 4k in the near future, but since I didn't go with an x99 MOBO I don't know that dropping each card to 8x PCI-E is really worth it.

Anyways, there's some solid responses and advice in this thread for anyone considering building a new rig.
Closed Thread