Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Default What was your favorite camp?

For me it might have been fungus. If doing it with a team you needed to find a way to keep everyone satisfied and the loot fair, a difficult task when pixel lust could plague the hearts and minds of even Norrath's most noble. This camp brought about some pretty interesting systems in effort to keep numbers strong and the loot flowing. Never a dull moment when opportunistic pre parked characters could jump you at the worst of times.

Duo/trio teams came up with some of the craziest ways of tackling this loot piņata. Sense corpse targeting, pacify hax, mob displacement, crazy new pull locations, unheard of game mechanics, warp points, sneak pulling madness. With all the innovation that came out of that camp I probably wouldn't have been that shocked if I saw someone killing the king in TT. This camp is one of the most awesome examples of how fun a game can become when you gave the players freedom instead of invisible walls. Well except for the Karanas, but what are you gonna do?

Even though this camp was an awesome way to explore the not so mind numbing blue side of EQ, the pvp was not lacking in the slightest. Your worst mistake was ever assuming you had it in the bag. Even with all your enemies plugged/dead and your force fully buffed and an easy single pull looking like the only obstacle between you and a fungi. There was no guarantee that the fight did not have another hour or two to go, at the end of which you might be on the rustled end of a fungi drop, or thanking whatever deity you subscribe to that it was just a robe.

Hope you bitches share some stories instead of telling me how much I suck.
Last edited by El Prez; 06-15-2017 at 01:22 PM..
Old 06-15-2017, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

get a job you loser
Old 06-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

I feel bad for losers who work at mcdonalds and can't play EQ while getting paid.

Fungus is a very fun camp. My favorite, however, is bear pits. I have slewn literally over 70,000 bears/wolves according to my logs.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel bad for losers who work at mcdonalds and can't play EQ while getting paid.

Fungus is a very fun camp. My favorite, however, is bear pits. I have slewn literally over 70,000 bears/wolves according to my logs.
Never did this camp. I know there was always the occasional YT from permafrost which I can only assume came from the pits. What was the pvp dynamic? How many mobs were you generally rotating through? Did it involve entering any cool areas of the zone or just staying on the flat ground?
Old 06-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

I loved doing South Karana Treants and Solusek gnomes

Backup, Human Druid of the Jaggedpine Treefolk. Defender of Bears. Servant of the secret order of <Charles Bronson>.

Rhuobhe, Human Cleric of the Dismal Rage. Wielder of the sacred Aegis of Life. Semi-retired veteran.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhuobhe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I loved doing South Karana Treants and Solusek gnomes
Oh man, nothing like seeing the EXG roaming with the shield. Such a sweet camp. I absolutely loved Sol A, has to be one of my top 2 zones.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:18 PM
Banned

Sad thread, move to loser
Old 06-15-2017, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

crushbone throne room. it's the first stage for a new player to prove your worth. A group of lvl 10-14's or so can hold this down but it's quick respawns and theres always adds. You camp at the table and if shit hits the fan ya gotta hop out the window. You get 3 named, two item drops, and amazing exp. It is the final tier of Crushbone, you feel like you beat the dungeon if you hold the castle down.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Chef camp before circlet nerf as a shadowknight. Was an all star pro camp for exp and loot back then.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your the queer right? i think i was invited to ur discord once and saw yiblaan dick pics

down to hell
no idea who u r and u maybe received an authorized invite, prob why u are upset