Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

when i was new i camped pzjyn in qeynos hills on ragnaros when i was lvl 30 for over a week setting alarms and killing it, think i acquired and sold around 10 GBS and bought a full resist set and a crystalline spear

the memories of when the immersion of being new was a thing
Old 06-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Prez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never did this camp. I know there was always the occasional YT from permafrost which I can only assume came from the pits. What was the pvp dynamic? How many mobs were you generally rotating through? Did it involve entering any cool areas of the zone or just staying on the flat ground?
PvP dynamic was that there could suddenly be a fully buffed and vp geared necro, wizard, etc, etc, popping in on you with 0 notice while you have 12+ mobs aggroed.

When I solo'd on my druids, I usually had about 6 aggroed at a time, and when I was duoing sometimes we would pull all 18ish bears/dogs/spiders at the same time.

I usually had about 5-10 minutes of downtime to succor out, resow, and med up. Usually never went below 60% mana on my druid when I was PL'ing down there.

In a full group, it was afk-easy. No chance of death from pve, plenty of space to pvp, and tons of consistent xp.

Got about 20%/hr at level 59 soloing.
Less in groups, of course, even with the xp bonus on red, you are still sharing mobs that you don't need help to kill.

At 52, I think I only kept about 10 mobs down, but it gets very easy very fast.

SK's and Rangers also have a great time fear kiting down there, can usually keep about 5 or 6 down around level 55 without going below 80% mana.

Biggest thing about bear pits is that you will go 8 hours with no interruption gaining tons of xp for no effort and then suddenly someone will gate in and start luring you down and pelling your dots, roots, pets.

It's pretty easy to handle if you are prepare though, just like anything in Everquest.

I remember one time, I caught Trauer (revy) down there on his enchanter (moron) and he was too dumb to run to Vox and get a free succor so he just stood there trying to mez me while I slashed him to pieces, lol.

Don't be dumb and its a great spot where nothing bad can happen to you.

Side note: I see tons of people boxing down there, like Make/Opps. Druid/monk is a very popular box down there but it's always super obvious when the monk fd's whatever is on him and the druid fights you 1v1 then when the druid dies the monk fights you 1v1, lol. Free YT's generally if you see a pair like that down there.

My favorite duo down there was a dw helm pally + a shaman. Pally just aggroes every single mob, runs in circles around the sham while he roots them up, then spams dw helm while the shaman cannis and root rots 18ish mobs at a time

It's slower than a druid soloing but it's a good time.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 06-16-2017 at 12:45 PM..
Old 06-16-2017, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Highpass Gnolls, then Orcs. Old school Tallon Zek camping. Also Giant Fort in Warslik Woods. OT/FM ramp in Overthere. Spider Queen in Crystal Caverns.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PvP dynamic was that there could suddenly be a fully buffed and vp geared necro, wizard, etc, etc, popping in on you with 0 notice while you have 12+ mobs aggroed.

When I solo'd on my druids, I usually had about 6 aggroed at a time, and when I was duoing sometimes we would pull all 18ish bears/dogs/spiders at the same time.

I usually had about 5-10 minutes of downtime to succor out, resow, and med up. Usually never went below 60% mana on my druid when I was PL'ing down there.

In a full group, it was afk-easy. No chance of death from pve, plenty of space to pvp, and tons of consistent xp.

Got about 20%/hr at level 59 soloing.
Less in groups, of course, even with the xp bonus on red, you are still sharing mobs that you don't need help to kill.

At 52, I think I only kept about 10 mobs down, but it gets very easy very fast.

SK's and Rangers also have a great time fear kiting down there, can usually keep about 5 or 6 down around level 55 without going below 80% mana.

Biggest thing about bear pits is that you will go 8 hours with no interruption gaining tons of xp for no effort and then suddenly someone will gate in and start luring you down and pelling your dots, roots, pets.

It's pretty easy to handle if you are prepare though, just like anything in Everquest.

I remember one time, I caught Trauer (revy) down there on his enchanter (moron) and he was too dumb to run to Vox and get a free succor so he just stood there trying to mez me while I slashed him to pieces, lol.

Don't be dumb and its a great spot where nothing bad can happen to you.

Side note: I see tons of people boxing down there, like Make/Opps. Druid/monk is a very popular box down there but it's always super obvious when the monk fd's whatever is on him and the druid fights you 1v1 then when the druid dies the monk fights you 1v1, lol. Free YT's generally if you see a pair like that down there.

My favorite duo down there was a dw helm pally + a shaman. Pally just aggroes every single mob, runs in circles around the sham while he roots them up, then spams dw helm while the shaman cannis and root rots 18ish mobs at a time

It's slower than a druid soloing but it's a good time.
Yikes don't think a single person read this
Old 06-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

All of Dalnir, at level. Love that zone.

Probably the most unforgiven zone full of undercons.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Got to be anywhere in lguk pre-kunark on live
Old 06-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya momma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes don't think a single person read this
I read it. My druid is 48 and I'll be headed there soon.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

read it, I now understand a camp I never knew much about. thanks
Old 06-17-2017, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

What's your stance on strawberries + sour cream + sugar
Old 06-17-2017, 01:36 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

haha what kind of loser has a favorite camp
Closed Thread