Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-16-2017, 03:44 AM
Sarnak

Default Playing on a 4k Monitor

Hello everyone. I am currently playing on a 4k Monitor in windowed mode at a custom resolution so it fills most of the screen (3640 x 1960.) I have read all the information there is out there on trying to make the game more playable at this resolution. I currently have it set to chat font size 5 (it's the largest I can get it to go, even after editing the .ini file.)

My question is this; If I open the VertUI files in photoshop and edit them to a larger size do you think that would work? If not, does anyone know a way to make custom UI elements a certain size and load them into p99? If that does work, how about the chat size, has anyone found a solution to go higher than 5?

I really don't want to change my monitor resolution every time I play so any kind of work around would be awesome. Thank you all in advance for your time.

If I end up figuring this out myself I will post an update here for others that go looking in the future. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gunnter
- 60 Assassin
Syzzurp Purpledrank - 60 Grandmaster
Scientology Tomcruise -60 Phantasmist
< The Mystical Order >
Old 06-16-2017, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

your essentially trying to figure out a way to change the "scale" of the UI. tmk dont know if its possible, probly pretty hard someone correct me if im wrong.

ask some of the UI gods about this, curious as well
Old 06-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

PM paulgiamatti I don't know if that's the correct spelling. He would know for sure.

I'm sure there is a way to make the UI bigger but you might be stuck in the confines of CF5 because of the program.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-16-2017, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Can only really change the size of images in the UI, all the data is from EQTypes, not entirely sure the max size you can set it at, will do some research. None of that would affect the chat font size though.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

I don't think it's possible to change the size of the UI elements other than chatfontsize but let me know if so. They look small even in 1440p, can't imagine 4k.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah I sent an email to the creator of Duxa to see if he could offer some insight. I tried digging around in the UI elements and seeing if I could change some of the numbers to make certain elements appear bigger. I'm not a coder so I don't know what I'm doing, but so far nada.

Yeah I used to play at 2560 x 1440 in windowed mode for years and that wasn't bad at all, but 4k I need a magnifying glass lmfao.

Thanks again for the help and I'll update this thread if I figure anything out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gunnter
- 60 Assassin
< The Mystical Order >
Old 06-17-2017, 09:36 PM
Fire Giant

You can change the size of anything displayed in the UI. I haven't had a chance to test max sizes, and I don't have a UHD TV so I'm not sure what size would be appropriate. Here is the pull out of an EQType display in the UI, this one being current wieght, you would just change whats in the size tag.
Code:
<Label item="PW_CurrentWeight">
		<ScreenID>WeightNumberLabel</ScreenID>
		<Font>1</Font>
		<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
		<Location>
			<X>92</X>
			<Y>79</Y>
		</Location>
		<Size>
			<CX>30</CX>
			<CY>10</CY>
		</Size>
		<EQType>24</EQType>
		<Text>500</Text>
		<TextColor>
			<R>255</R>
			<G>255</G>
			<B>0</B>
		</TextColor>
		<NoWrap>true</NoWrap>
		<AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
		<AlignRight>true</AlignRight>
	</Label>
But you need to realize that just changing the EQType size is just the begining, you will likely need to adjust its location, and probably the size/border of the UI item itself.
Last edited by MiRo2; 06-17-2017 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: More info
Old 06-19-2017, 04:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can change the size of anything displayed in the UI. I haven't had a chance to test max sizes, and I don't have a UHD TV so I'm not sure what size would be appropriate. Here is the pull out of an EQType display in the UI, this one being current wieght, you would just change whats in the size tag.
Code:
<Label item="PW_CurrentWeight">
		<ScreenID>WeightNumberLabel</ScreenID>
		<Font>1</Font>
		<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
		<Location>
			<X>92</X>
			<Y>79</Y>
		</Location>
		<Size>
			<CX>30</CX>
			<CY>10</CY>
		</Size>
		<EQType>24</EQType>
		<Text>500</Text>
		<TextColor>
			<R>255</R>
			<G>255</G>
			<B>0</B>
		</TextColor>
		<NoWrap>true</NoWrap>
		<AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
		<AlignRight>true</AlignRight>
	</Label>
But you need to realize that just changing the EQType size is just the begining, you will likely need to adjust its location, and probably the size/border of the UI item itself.
Awesome thank you very much, I will definitely play around with this. If I get it to work I will post my settings so others with a 4k monitor can benefit as well. Is this in the EQclient.ini? Thanks again

Gunnter
- 60 Assassin
< The Mystical Order >
Old 06-19-2017, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

It is in the UI files themselves, you'll need an XML editor to do it, there are several free ones available. I've heard you can do it in word pad too, but I've not tried it.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was looking into this and successfully changed one component and then realized changing everything is basically building an entire UI and I dont want to tackle that. Would love it if someone else has time/desire to build a 4K UI.