Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziffiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was looking into this and successfully changed one component and then realized changing everything is basically building an entire UI and I dont want to tackle that. Would love it if someone else has time/desire to build a 4K UI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you need to realize that just changing the EQType size is just the begining, you will likely need to adjust its location, and probably the size/border of the UI item itself.
Yep.

I might try a little bit of this as I have time, what main windows would you guys need?
Old 06-19-2017, 01:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I would say my top choices would be chat, hotbars, target and buff bars that are on screen most of the time. Inventory screen would also be big. The problem is anything left unaltered will have text too small to be readable at that resolution.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

Modifying the chat boxes is only going to change the size of the borders, maybe the title, and the chat line pop up, it won't affect the actual chat font size. For that I would look into download a large font type (.tff) and loading a custom font via options. I'll look for some options after I get done with some errands this afternoon.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

Just did some quick browsing, here is a crappy extra large font I downloaded for free to demonstrate the effects loading a different font can have. Chatfontsize is 5 in the box, resolution loaded is 1768x992.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

versus with Arial

You would definitely want a higher quality font than this one though.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:00 PM
Sarnak

The first picture isn't loading. The builder of Duxa got back to me and said it is possible but it's going to take a lot of work. So going forward I will be experimenting and hopefully slowly making progress. Once I get it to where I like it (which will take a while because I am not good with coding) I will post my settings in this thread to help others. Thanks for the replies everyone I appreciate it.

Gunnter
- 60 Assassin
Syzzurp Purpledrank - 60 Grandmaster
Scientology Tomcruise -60 Phantasmist
< The Mystical Order >
Old 06-19-2017, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

I can't wait to see this made. I play full screen on my 55" tv at about 15 feet away and it's hard to read the font on everything. So power to ya.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is in the UI files themselves, you'll need an XML editor to do it, there are several free ones available. I've heard you can do it in word pad too, but I've not tried it.
Can confirm you can edit in notepad or word but it's a pain in the ass. Notepad++ is what I've been using and I find it useful, not sure if there's something better (probably is).

Somewhere on EQinterface there is a link to an old program called SidlWildUI. This program allows you to load individual elements of your UI without entering the game, so you can see if your changes are going to fuck everything up. It also shows the specific lines of code for whatever element of the UI you have selected (inventory window for example). I didn't know anything about XML or editing UI's until recently, but have found this extremely useful. It is pretty buggy though.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm you can edit in notepad or word but it's a pain in the ass. Notepad++ is what I've been using and I find it useful, not sure if there's something better (probably is).

Somewhere on EQinterface there is a link to an old program called SidlWildUI. This program allows you to load individual elements of your UI without entering the game, so you can see if your changes are going to fuck everything up. It also shows the specific lines of code for whatever element of the UI you have selected (inventory window for example). I didn't know anything about XML or editing UI's until recently, but have found this extremely useful. It is pretty buggy though.
Nice I definitely have to check this out. I think it will make my job a lot easier. Thanks for the heads up.

Gunnter
- 60 Assassin
< The Mystical Order >
Old 06-22-2017, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

I play on a 4k monitor. I recommend playing with a center of screen approach that most modern MMO's take. Instead of health bars and everything at the edges of your screen, they are at the center bottom.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play on a 4k monitor. I recommend playing with a center of screen approach that most modern MMO's take. Instead of health bars and everything at the edges of your screen, they are at the center bottom.

Yeah my UI is setup pretty nicely, however just like in your picture everything is so damn small I can barely read it. When I get some free time I am going to edit some XML files and see if I can enlarge certain UI elements to make it more enjoyable for those of us who use 4k monitors. I will settings in this thread once I finally have time to mess around with it.

Gunnter
- 60 Assassin
< The Mystical Order >