Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FEAR is more set piece rail game STALKER is more bethesda without the gay there both good to
gud way 2 put it. need a 5.1 sound system to really get the FEAR experience and freak yourself out. like a Disney ride.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 06-24-2017, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

fun fact... Disney manipulates emotions with sound and visuals.
They have a department dedicated to doing this and you can go to college to learn how.

definitely something that came out of WW2. Guess those tests weren't so bad after all. Right? *MICKEY MOUSE SAYS RIGHT*
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:52 PM
Banned

lots of hype in this thread

I'll get FEAR in a couple of months when i build a new gaming PC. And yea Baler the FPS immersion CHEEKY BREEKY swigging purple vodka to reduce your rads while popping shots over the barrier at a group of bandits and watching your ammo stocks sink dangerously low got me fucking WET for that game for years to come.

I still need a while before giving it another runthru given how much I played it 5 or 6 years ago.

Meanwhile, I had fun last month with PUBG as it pretty much was as close to a multiplayer STALKER that I think we'll ever get. Hopefully someone mods that shit to add in anomaly servers.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:56 PM
Banned

whoah just saw the title to this and came to say its one of the better games out there way ahead of its time and also a catastrophic failure of a final delivery, which is ironically also very ahead of its time for the survival genera.

I love it though its a great game.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:02 PM
Banned

check out hunt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zqk_X9-he8 if you like pubg
Old 06-24-2017, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
check out hunt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zqk_X9-he8 if you like pubg
The problem with a lot of modern games is.. They only do what has shown to guaranteed to make money. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:08 PM
Banned

Yeah but, to be fair. Nobody has made one of these types of games that isnt a buggy piece of shit yet, that pubg game is only good if you rationalize it as "the best so far" or "good enough to not be total dogshit"

while, this looks like the first version of these FPS open world survival games that the world will play, instead of us internet gamer denizens and twitch 13 year olds.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:36 PM
Banned

same story for H1Z1 for me. Fool me once (day z) shame on you, fool me twice (h1z1) shame on me, fool me 3 times? well.. I would have bought pubg and been fooled eventually but now Ill wait to be fooled for a 3rd time a little longer.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:36 AM
Kobold

I mean baler what you're talking about is the science of storytelling... which obama and trump are great at. Trumps better though.

Anyone remember hearing how trump told his admissions operators for his school to never say thank you, say congratulations when someone enrolles, when someone is congratulated they generally say thank you and we want them thanking us when they give us a check.

Pretty good stuff
Last edited by brightlights; 06-25-2017 at 12:38 AM..
Closed Thread