Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Banned

Even though BF is a bit more realistic its just too slow for my taste, I like fast close action so I can run through and murder 20 people at once with quick reflex aiming.

Not running across the map and maybe getting sniped or hit by a tank.

BF3 sucked to me, havent played 4 yet but im guessing its the same with some add ons.

BF Vietnam however was the best ever.

I like COD, yeah call me a 12 year old or w/e just dont like the game mechanics in BF
Old 11-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Doesn't mean you're 12, it means you like a different sort of FPS. I personally suck at FPS games and don't have the reflexes to do what kids can do, and I like BF's more realistic approach and all the vehicles you can use.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even though BF is a bit more realistic its just too slow for my taste, I like fast close action so I can run through and murder 20 people at once with quick reflex aiming.

Not running across the map and maybe getting sniped or hit by a tank.

BF3 sucked to me, havent played 4 yet but im guessing its the same with some add ons.

BF Vietnam however was the best ever.

I like COD, yeah call me a 12 year old or w/e just dont like the game mechanics in BF
Yeah I can get behing this - you really need to choose an FPS that matches your style. I used to be heavy into the cod-like fps style and played nothing but Metro and CQB but after a while of playing on servers with a somewhat varied map rotation, the medium sized maps started gaining traction with me. Before long, I could find any action level I wanted with any sized map so there's that I guess.

I can't get over the maturity and team-only chat associated with cod. Squad chat ftw.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Bf2142 might be the must under rated game of all time. Bad timing release since it had to compete with modern warfare 1, which was the best fps ever made. And that coming from a battlefield fan who has played most of them on a competitive level.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bf2142 might be the must under rated game of all time. Bad timing release since it had to compete with modern warfare 1, which was the best fps ever made. And that coming from a battlefield fan who has played most of them on a competitive level.
Extremely underrated imo but it was the modding community that turned that genre on its head.
- galactic conquest.
- desert combat.
- bf vietnam.

All of these were done on 1942 and scooped by EA (except GC). EA has been a cancer as of late.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Screw all these new games.

Sniping on BF2 all day long.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL!!!

Old 11-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Banned

Old 11-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed on 2142, but it still had those cheapo bugs from bf2 that were never fixed. Never enjoyed CoD like BF tho, always got so boring after a few weeks.

Until DICE learns that MMOFPS is the fps of the future, I'll never play BF series again. PS2 wars are so much more interesting and exciting than anything I've ever experienced in BF. Its like 3 continents of 30 Battlefield maps with no load screens (unless you redeploy). Pretty sure BF will come out with an mmofps game in the near future.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS2 wars are so much more interesting and exciting than anything I've ever experienced in BF. Its like 3 continents of 30 Battlefield maps with no load screens (unless you redeploy). Pretty sure BF will come out with an mmofps game in the near future.
I was BR20 and CR4 in Planetside (NC), and if I had a PC powerful enough to play PS2 I'd be all over it! Agree with Dullah completely..its the future, and I'm surprised SOE haven't promoted it harder.
Closed Thread