Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Must be something specific going on with your system then - at 100% gamma, my windows darkness/colors don't change (if they do, it's very small amounts). <100% and I start seeing my OS become very noticeably darker..

I'm also on an IPS panel.
I'm confused by what your saying, obviously dropping the gamma makes the windows darker. Leaving at 100 wont change any brightness since the gamma isnt increasing. Its also late so I might just be missing the point.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinoff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused by what your saying, obviously dropping the gamma makes the windows darker. Leaving at 100 wont change any brightness since the gamma isnt increasing. Its also late so I might just be missing the point.
I left out

"when I close out EQ when it's <100% gamma my OS resets to whatever it was previously"

yes, it's late, sorry lol
Old 12-02-2014, 03:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Classic UI darkness it looks like went in.

Woot.

Get your night vision spells out.

H
I'm 100% for classic darkness, but this is a really crude imitation of it. IMO, leave it out until you get get it not affecting the UI, or at least non-EQ windows. It makes it doing anything else on my computer suck if p99 is running.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 100% for classic darkness, but this is a really crude imitation of it. IMO, leave it out until you get get it not affecting the UI, or at least non-EQ windows. It makes it doing anything else on my computer suck if p99 is running.
I totally agree.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 100% for classic darkness, but this is a really crude imitation of it.
Yeah, this was an embarrassingly naive hack.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:00 AM
Sarnak

Infravision and ultravision do nothing.

Also yea, as others have stated.. in classic, it didnt effect the UI or other windows apps.
Last edited by sulpher01; 12-02-2014 at 04:03 AM..
Old 12-02-2014, 04:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinoff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would also like to add these videos approximate what I see in game. Rupert is using an ATI card and I am using an Nvidia. I know everyone has said your personal settings effect what you see in SS/Videos but to me it looks like what I am seeing in game.
Yeah, i think i will not be able to play anymore if this continue like this, hurts my eyes to Much and i still cant see anything, i just see the name of the ppl.

60 Shaman - Spertox <Omni>
Old 12-02-2014, 04:03 AM
Aviak

Completely unplayable with 100% gamma and Tranix Crown.

It happens as soon as you hit play from server select, even char select is super dark. Before this when I would hit play it would get brighter.
Last edited by Latege; 12-02-2014 at 05:19 AM..
Old 12-02-2014, 04:30 AM
Sarnak

First off... Thank you Haynar.

I logged into North Ro to see how this new lighting worked and I couldn't be more happy. It was like I was back on Classic. It sparked a memory of hunting Dervishes solo on my live Rogue, with rain pouring down and only the bandit's campfire to illuminate the night as nightmarish creatures roamed the dunes...

Lanterns, Torches, my character's Dance of the Fireflies spell, were all so comically useless before. I was doing some testing for brightness and confirmed the items have different levels/fields of illumination. Firefly Globe gave off a soft orange glow, whereas a Small Lantern was much brighter and had a greater field of effect. I can also confirm my Infra-vision had a noticeable effect after those first ten seconds or so it takes to kick in.

My User Interface is certainly darker, but nothing unmanageable. Maybe a few of my darker color hotkeys/text fields will need to be brightened but it's nothing like some of the screenshots I've been seeing posted here. Totally usable.

I'm not like these other savages, Haynar, I'm not so addled with ADHD that I need to keep EverQuest in a window in the corner of my screen while I watch a movie and browse Facebook while Skyping my nephew on a separate monitor.

Full screen in this new lighting is all the immersion I've ever wanted. I can't wait to see those hapless Humans and their ilk stumble around the night and bump into trees. Perhaps I'll offer them A Torch...
Last edited by Feanol; 12-02-2014 at 04:39 AM..
Old 12-02-2014, 04:47 AM
Banned

Please for the sake of all that is good, remove the gamma/darkness changes until it is fixed properly. I appreciate all the work you guys have done for the latest patch, but Ultravision/shadowsight, boosting gamma video AMD control center to maximum its a full time job especially if your a person who frequently tabs out to check internet or watch a tv show while playing. The UI is significantly darker and some things almost impossible to see. I don't understand why the UI would be darker /shrug. Personally I can cast ultravision or have a tranix crown on any char I play and I admit classic classic WAS super dark if you had no items, but there is something totally wrong atm with it.