Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Default Looking for some educated theories on Velious's Black Pantherskin armor.

So I just found out (yeah, been away for a while) that Wu's fighting armor recipes were removed from the current game because they weren't available until mid-Velious, and as a result Wu's armor prices have spiked. So now I'm faced with a decision, because I definitely want to roll a Monk alt when Velious hits (gonna be my money farmer at CC geodes, current Main is a 44 Shaman), and now I'm torn between initial armor choices. Will Wu's still be an option at Velious, or will I be better served waiting for people to mass-produce Black Pantherskin armor and buy that instead?

Obviously I'm gonna save for a haste item and Velium HP/AC rings (got Diamondine earrings already).

Black pantherskin set: 89AC, 44STR, 34STA, 46DEX, 32AGI, 11CHA, 95HP. Weight = 4.8 stones.

I'm assuming it's not gonna be that much more expensive to make/sell than Wu's (232 trivial), but I dunno for sure. And I don't know if the higher stats are even gonna be worth it over Wu's. What do you guys think?

Also, are there gonna be any new weapons in Velious that'll be good for a Monk? I've got 2 trance sticks right now and I'm gonna get a quivering staff as well.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Wu trivial at 158
Panther skin trivial at 252

12 pp just to make a single velium boning (no fails) armor requires 1-4 boning
1-5 pp I expect per yew leaf
20-50pp depending on drop rates for panther skins.

This armor will be significantly more expensive based just on the trivial levels, or the components. I expect pricing to be a bit higher or equal to the culture smithing armors.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wu trivial at 158
Panther skin trivial at 252

12 pp just to make a single velium boning (no fails) armor requires 1-4 boning
1-5 pp I expect per yew leaf
20-50pp depending on drop rates for panther skins.

This armor will be significantly more expensive based just on the trivial levels, or the components. I expect pricing to be a bit higher or equal to the culture smithing armors.
Well let's say 100 for bonnings, 5 per tannin, 50 per skin, so maybe 200pp per black pantherskin armor piece, maximum?
Old 06-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

netted armour?
Old 06-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Plus wu's uses spider silk which drops pretty much everywhere off level 5 mobs.

Panther skin uses an uncommon drop off a limited number of lvl 35 monsters in a single, fairly dangerous (roaming dragons and tough giants) zone.

The panther skin stuff isn't going to be sold much. I can see someone going out of their way to make themselves a set, but for the difficulty involved I can't see someone spending that much time to sell it even for 200pp.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus wu's uses spider silk which drops pretty much everywhere off level 5 mobs.

Panther skin uses an uncommon drop off a limited number of lvl 35 monsters in a single, fairly dangerous (roaming dragons and tough giants) zone.

The panther skin stuff isn't going to be sold much. I can see someone going out of their way to make themselves a set, but for the difficulty involved I can't see someone spending that much time to sell it even for 200pp.
I'm willing to bet there will be tailors who will be happy to make the armor if you provide the mats.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

Its trivial level at 252, meaning never trivial.
Halfling, wood elves, erudites can close the gap between skills ups, more practically. The gap between the 158 252 is vast and expensive. No tailor is going to make this stuff at cost, the price will reflect the cost of leveling the skill and making it. If you figure 200, then it will be double or triple that.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its trivial level at 252, meaning never trivial.
Halfling, wood elves, erudites can close the gap between skills ups, more practically. The gap between the 158 252 is vast and expensive. No tailor is going to make this stuff at cost, the price will reflect the cost of leveling the skill and making it. If you figure 200, then it will be double or triple that.
Fine, as long as it's not some ridiculous price like 5k per piece. Since it's a monk-only armor, that would be an absolute ripoff to charge so much given the cost of mats.

The most I'd pay is 1k per piece.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Wus armor was OP. glad it was removed
Old 06-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

It will be a makers market, not a buyers market on this stuff, or any of the high level velious tailored armor. Wu's is relatively cheap and easy to make, people are/were maxing the skill and will likely be dumping this stuff on the market in attempt to cheaply max tailoring so they can get as high as possible for the shawl quests. There are two key spots 162, 176 for tailoring in the shawl quests. People max wu and hope for the best in getting the first flowing thought item and quit. I can't see more than 10 people on the entire server ever even attempting to take it all the way to the end. The effort to collect components is hardly worth the time for the end results, I don't think anyone is going to hunt in Wakening Lands for tailoring will sell that cheap. Expect prices to be closer or higher than current culture armor. Lostprophets is currently selling a complete set of Imbued Mithril Studded Armor for 15k, that seems like an indicator of where prices will be for high level tailoring.
Closed Thread