Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Heya Mojo yeah I used to play on EZ from about Sept 09 to end of 2010 or so. Was an officer in Forbidden Prophecy for a while.
( BTW for people who dont know EZ = Extended Zone.. not easy. Love that misconception. Sure the first 5-10 hours of your play life is pretty easy.. from there its a pretty sharp curve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

All things considered it was an interesting and fun server; only thing that got me was the boxing. With 95%+ of the server running at least 3 toons at a time you had to box or you couldn't compete. I was finishing out T4 for my zerker one day when it dawned on me I wasn't having fun running 15 simultaneous toons just to farm T4 faster.. WTF was I doing lol. Thats nuts.. So I moved to p99 and lucked way way out - I found out one of the guilds I was in on Fennin back in 2000 had set up on p99 - TMO. I've been beyond happy hanging with old friends here since.
Plus I keep my sanity playing 1 character at a time.

I'll admit I miss EZ server from time to time. The people were nice. The community there had some fun people and the encounters were unique but I just cant' see enjoying a game while playing 15 toons at once.

Who were you on EZ out of curiosity? Do you remember Easter last when I got nostalgic and l logged on and gave away about 30 4.0 epic book in Nexus? Thats the last time I logged on really so I figure you might remember me from then.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Eh was just a loner there lol thing big you did give me one of my epic books lol name was Uzesh.. Froggy SK woo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ya fun server kinda just gets old lol I played 4 toons
Old 03-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone know this guy's character names (Scavrefamn)
I believe his name is Eliphas, seen it in game, and he is now on the don't do anything for this guy list... its a short list but growing )
Old 03-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Fire Giant

youre a scrub if youre in the position to pay and choose not to
Old 03-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
youre a scrub if youre in the position to pay and choose not to
Pretty much
Old 03-24-2012, 01:28 AM
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure i saw someone named the same thing as his forum name.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Want to know how much to tip? Try this experiment. Go to OT, and advertise how much you intend to tip for a port to your location. /ooc Paying 20p for a port to WC. See how long it takes for someone to answer. If nothing, up it to 30, then 50. Eventually, someone will answer your calls. Try this enough times, and you should quickly find out what others' time is worth to them.

Depending on how busy I am, I might stop what I'm doing to port someone for 50. Sometimes not. If I am even marginally busy, I will NEVER port someone who claims they are "tipping". I'm too busy to f around with that. I'm sure others might feel the same way. So next time you are wondering why others aren't answering your port calls, its because the porters have been burned time and again by people who think 5p is cool.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Large Rat

Forgive me. I know I am beating a dead horse by reviving this thread. As a Wizard, I can't help but comment.

First of all...If a person is offering ports free of charge or leaving the issue ambiguous...I don't see how that person can bemoan the fact that they did not get a plat tip.

To provide my own perspective. I have never charged for ports on this server during original classic Eq. I do charge for Kunark evacs but that is beside the point.

I have received so much more plat than I could ever expect to receive by setting a static price for a port. A lot of people have the opinion of....I saved soandso an hour or two walk so give me plat accordingly...

My view is the opposite. I can prevent a person from having to do a long run by simply porting them to where they want to go(from East Commons, I rarely port when I am hunting/grouping)....I port them, gate back to North Ro...and in 3-5 Minutes I am back full mana and back in EC on top of helping a player save some time.

I always accept donations. With the type of attitude I described above....I have received fairly large donations over time. A little hospitality and a generous outlook go a long way, at least for porters.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Kobold

There are people who will stuff their gear into their bags and come to me with a ghost story about how they need a port for a CR. Now... I inform them where the nearest bank is. I give rides for free to newbies after a short conversation where I discern whether or not they are newbies are going to where their main can twink them.
If someone stiffs me, they become part of my ignore list. They win a port, they lose the war.
Likewise is the "Port Buddy" who tries to make you his port bitch. Clerics, Wizards, and Druids all know what I am talking about here. I don't need frienemies, I like good friends. Yes, you are a girl IRL... no, I am not a desperate gamer. Pay.
I ask for my payment up front. "Gimme Munny". Direct, to the point, and a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. I have traded ports for clarity, spawning info, what have you. I am very generous with my buffs unless someone tries to push it. Porting is why I rolled a porting class. I ground through 50 levels on a character I do not enjoy so I can have the economic foundation, not so someone can get over on me. Pay.
When I go to a bar, if I do not have enough for a beer and a dollar tip, I don't have enough for a beer.
To those mock altruists who think that druids and wizards should port for free, your argument of altruism and generosity is glaringly sabotaged by the evidence that you are tight-fisted with your own money. Pay.
If you don't feel you should pay, well... enjoy your boat ride [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Brimacombe
Old 06-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavrefamn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're not going to charge a fee, you lose the right to complain about not getting paid.

It isn't rocket science, it really is that simple, not sure how to explain it to you more clearly for you to be able to understand... if you want plat, just charge, if you don't want plat, don't charge.

What you do NOT do is specifically NOT charge and then complain that people aren't paying you a fee which you didn't ask for in the first place. etc etc.

It's common sense.
You sir, are a major tool.
Closed Thread