Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Banned

Default GMO companies promised us!!!!

http://www.takepart.com/article/2013...lmon-reproduce

That their shit would not get into the wild. That it wouldn't reproduce with our shit.

But it has. It has since 1980. And over and over again it's been refuted. We've been told "everything is fine".

This is complete bullshit.

Your being lied to. Information is being suppressed and flooded. And any legal action taken against them is a wash. These assholes are completely untouchable and do whatever the fuck they want.

Any critics get completely lambasted unfairly and unjustly.

They are your new Nobility that can do no wrong.

If you believe otherwise. You are the enemy.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Banned

Do your really believe the promise this shit won't happen?

I have direct contact with people inside political circles regarding this. They are being told to take a seat and STFU and that the GMO's will do what they want. I will not out them.

But head my warning. This is for real. It is going to happen. And we will have ecological disaster... not that we haven't had some already that have been downplayed over the last 3 decades.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

When in doubt; eat like your ancestors did. I knew elders that ate butter, heavy creams, smoked, coffee all day long and they lived long productive healthy lives. Nowadays; people are more worried about hand sanitizer, Low or no calorie sweetners & all sorts of technological wonders that boggle the mind and have ingredients with words you need a few PHDs to even come close to speaking properly.

I was told by farmers all around town & out of state; if you cannot pronounce the name of the ingredient... you probably do not want to eat it.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

If you can't figure out how to pronounce a word - you're probably retarded
Old 04-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Banned

Lets break this down so retarded people can understand it than:

GMO companies promise our stuff wont get into the wild and reproduce, it does

GMO companies promise fish wont get into the wild and CANT reproduce

Independant party says fuck no it's gonna happen and the new fish are not ecologically similar at all

People: Everyone said that GMO corn wont give me stomach ulciers cancer, must be nothing wrong with GMO

Bees.

Fucking die guido.

And to Whirled, I get u. You got it. Good food is easy to come by if your not a dumbass.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Corn has been GMO since 1700 stfu.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Cows never existed in the wild. They were GMO'd into existence. Now they're everywhere.

Look, it's a matter of caution. Certainly, we want to avoid creating a super-virus or an apex predator that will mess up a local environment, but genetic modification is thousands of years old. That's animal husbandry. It is a tool to be used appropriately with due care. It's not a boogeyman that's going to create the G-Virus to wipe us all out.

The idea that our ancestors ways are "better" is generally spurious. When you get sick do you grab some leeches or do you get proper medicine? Certainly our modern diets are poor in some respects, but this is due mostly to personal choice and sometimes economic factors. It's not a result of genetic technologies. Sure, there's wisdom in some of the old ways, but that's because the "way" itself has merit, not because it's "from our ancestors." If you can't pronounce the name of a certain medicine will you not take it either? Many large companies that conduct genetic research have blood on their hands, but so do a lot of companies (cough Nestle). But this doesn't mean the technology itself is wrong. It simply means someone is using the tool for an improper purpose.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Banned

Ya'll don't even have a clue what the fuck transgenic species is. Cows didn't suddenly spring into existance overnight directly on top of the buffalo.

We wiped out the buffallo and replaced them with cow breeds we've been developing for centuaries at a natural pace.

The fish are transgenic. They do not fill an ecological nitch, they are not "cow fish" they didn't get bread into being over years of farming.

Cows survive in the wild poorly and don't out compete their buffalo if left to themselves.

These fish are an uknown factor.

The GMO corn is causing havoc with bees and regular corn crops.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya'll don't even have a clue what the fuck transgenic species is. Cows didn't suddenly spring into existance overnight directly on top of the buffalo.

We wiped out the buffallo and replaced them with cow breeds we've been developing for centuaries at a natural pace.

The fish are transgenic. They do not fill an ecological nitch, they are not "cow fish" they didn't get bread into being over years of farming.

Cows survive in the wild poorly and don't out compete their buffalo if left to themselves.

These fish are an uknown factor.

The GMO corn is causing havoc with bees and regular corn crops.
Dinosaurs used to exist also.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

I think some of you just like to argue and/or insult each other, lol
Closed Thread