Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The EQ team knew about recharging for several years and never did anything about it at that time. They were 100% aware of it, they even helped guilds recharge items at the server wide test of tactics 18v18.

I find this issue pretty simple. If the Devs feel that recharging a certain item is to overpowered then they change that certain item instead of messing with the whole system just like they did with Ivandyr's Hoop.

Items with charges is one of my favorite things in EQ. It's an awesome time sink that make the game a lot more flexible and enjoyable.
The question is why did P99 mess with the hoop then? They should have NEVER messed with the hoop and lifetap resists. Period. That was a non-classic move. Guilds used the same strategy back in 99/00 on Live. To people who do not think so, you must be smoking something. On Live the hoop was much rarer, but it was obtainable for only 5-6k on most servers. To the guy who said show me proof. How about you show us proof otherwise?

Hell, go check out Fires of Heaven. They dinged a warrior (take a guess who) 1-50 in 12 hours a few months after the server went live in 99. I'm sure if they figured out how to ding a warrior to 50 in half a day, when it took 99.9% of the remaining server 6 months, they surely knew about the Ivandrys Hoop (this is just one example).
Last edited by skorge; 11-08-2011 at 09:40 AM..
Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

get rid of all clicky items, most are just exploits and game would be fine without them, I will follow whatever guide line R99 staff decides and live with them.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiah2011 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get rid of all clicky items, most are just exploits and game would be fine without them, I will follow whatever guide line R99 staff decides and live with them.
I think you need to exit stage WoW.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you need to exit stage WoW.
WOW, would hate for EQ to be fair and balanced..
Old 11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Kobold

To build upon Yendor's point, they eventually made rangers ranged dps via AAs and autofire etc so let's implement that since it's obviously what was originally intended by verant.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

lol you guys are so cute ... most of you havent even been playing this game back in 2000 and still argue like you have been there ... BEFORE luclin was ever released i was at FT 16 (cap) on live ... and before you say its impossible, its not ... fear 2.0 alone has 2 FT1 items, robe of inspiration and cazics brain ... i know items with the same FT value didnt stack at first, but i cant remember if that was also fixed before or after luclin ...

and as for the hoop, lifetaps been unresistable here, so yeah it was never used on live like it was used here ... because it was simply not this powerful, but its fixed now and back in line ...

conclusion: item recharge is classic, project 1999 tries to be as classic as possible (limited by information from 1999 ~2001 / coding issues), everything WORKS AS INTENDED
Old 11-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question is why did P99 mess with the hoop then? They should have NEVER messed with the hoop and lifetap resists. Period. That was a non-classic move. Guilds used the same strategy back in 99/00 on Live. To people who do not think so, you must be smoking something. On Live the hoop was much rarer, but it was obtainable for only 5-6k on most servers. To the guy who said show me proof. How about you show us proof otherwise?

Hell, go check out Fires of Heaven. They dinged a warrior (take a guess who) 1-50 in 12 hours a few months after the server went live in 99. I'm sure if they figured out how to ding a warrior to 50 in half a day, when it took 99.9% of the remaining server 6 months, they surely knew about the Ivandrys Hoop (this is just one example).
omg i totaly neglected that LOL ...

dude PLing a warrior from 1-50 in 1 day is piss easy, on live i got a chanter from 1~46 in 8 hours during velious ...

PLing a warrior from 1-50 in classic is even easier if you have access to a red / white dragon tooth (like FoH definatly did) and a cleric, mage, druid, chanter etc. behind you to buff the fuck out of you ... 3 ~4 people can easily PL any class from 1~50 in less then 24 hours playtime ...
Old 11-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question is why did P99 mess with the hoop then? They should have NEVER messed with the hoop and lifetap resists. Period. That was a non-classic move.
This guy keeps saying the same thing over and over despite being given an answer that couldn't be more clear, and yet I get called the troll. It's laughable that people can be this ignorant on the Internet, but the ones with clear and concise logic backed by facts are the ones that are ridiculed.

Quote:
Guilds used the same strategy back in 99/00 on Live. To people who do not think so, you must be smoking something. On Live the hoop was much rarer, but it was obtainable for only 5-6k on most servers. To the guy who said show me proof. How about you show us proof otherwise?
The onus is on you to prove it's wrong. You have to make a case for the change, not the other way around.

Quote:
Irrelevant. Now you sound like the troll who brought up the Trakanon success rates since the hoop nerf. Who cares? This is about hoops, not group power leveling. "A few months after" what? A few months after they already had a few level 50 druids and clerics and shamans and enchanters and monks and SKs and necros and a big enough force to keep him logged in and leveling 24/7? I'm not impressed. Sounds to me like it's working as intended. Also, your link goes to their main guild page, so you haven't even proved it happened. I could easily say they downed Naggy within 5 minutes of the servers launching in 1999, give you a link to Google, and tell you to look it up yourself, but does that make it any more true than you providing random statistics that they can PL someone to 50 in 12 hours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dude PLing a warrior from 1-50 in 1 day is piss easy, on live i got a chanter from 1~46 in 8 hours during velious ...

PLing a warrior from 1-50 in classic is even easier if you have access to a red / white dragon tooth (like FoH definatly did) and a cleric, mage, druid, chanter etc. behind you to buff the fuck out of you ... 3 ~4 people can easily PL any class from 1~50 in less then 24 hours playtime ...
Exactly.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 11-08-2011 at 01:20 PM..
Old 11-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Samoht = troll of the year, if the proof is on me, then why was the change made by the P99 staff in the first place...so I need proof to have them reverse a change that was non-classic? Were lifetap resists nerfed in classic?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
if the proof is on me, then why was the change made by the P99 staff in the first place...
You've asked this several times, and it's been answered several times. You seem to have a selective reading problem.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread