Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amelinda is easily the most thorough and helpful Guide I've ever interacted with on P99.

Froog, while in your story you were certainly obeying the letter of the law with regards to boxing, if your son was running off to do whatever it is 7-year-olds do after you told him to hit a few buttons, then what you were doing wasn't that far from breaking the spirit of the rule.
"Spirit of the rule" is to not 2 box. If the story is true, he wasn't breaking any rules, intent of rule, or "spirit" of rules for that matter. I've had my son create an account just so I could safely trade items before. I absolutely wasn't 2 boxing and had no intent of doing so. You implying that such actions are even slightly nefarious is insulting.

OP, I hope you are telling the truth and that if so, you'll get your wish of another chance. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

The letter of the rule is not to 2-box.

The spirit of the rule is not to have 1 person controlling 2 characters.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Agreed should be in petition forum. Also OP, when you make your argument, lose the sentimentality about how helpful you have been to everyone as it makes you sound guilty. Just stick to the facts.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Orc

i'd say just let those accused log into a teamspeak and chat it up with the guide about how they just suck at playing the game and are not twoboxing, for a seven year old tho...guess thats could be hard

Project 1999- Robabob
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncedark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had my son create an account just so I could safely trade items before.

inc a p99 baby boom as everyone creates accounts for their toddlers to buff and teleport their mains.

Yeah, thats really in the spirit of the rule.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

My unborn fetus logs in my druids for ports. All joking aside, you need a to post in the petiton forum with facts and lose the "story" If you are telling the truth i hope it works out for you. "nothing left" seems a little dramatic

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 10-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My unborn fetus logs in my druids for ports.

LOL, I keep laughing thinking of you putting the cordless mouse on your wife's belly and commence teh 2boxin
Old 10-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
inc a p99 baby boom as everyone creates accounts for their toddlers to buff and teleport their mains.

Yeah, thats really in the spirit of the rule.

I dont know about boxing by my 2.5 year old knows where the directional arrows are and loves to drown/kill me when I go AFK for short periods of time.

Asher
Old 10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've always wondered how much evidence on 2-boxing leads to a ban. I mean, I got my roommate into EQ, and while I'm fairly confident I wont run into this problem, I can see many circumstances that would appear suspicious.

For example, currently my roommate and I usually hunt separately, being different levels. She's killing bandits in WK while I hunt in blackburrow. On top of that, due to schedules, we often play at different times anyway. However, there are times when she helps me catch up a little, and we hunt together. She has a bad habit (that I've been trying to break her of) of running off to the bathroom or get a drink or even to run to the gas station/McD's without announcing it or putting up her AFK flag. I could easily imagine a scenario where she is at the store leaving her character sitting in game and us being summoned the way the OP described. I can't exactly reach her room from mine and control both at once to satisfy the "run in opposite directions". This hasn't happened, probably because as I said we usually play in different areas, but I'd hate to have to be afraid of hunting together in case of banhammer.

What's worse, her computer sucks, and likes to freeze a lot also causing her character to sit there in the game for 5-10 minutes before going LD, though it happens most often when zoning.

The funny part is, a 2boxer that can alt+tab quickly probably COULD satisfy the 'opposite directions' thing simply using autorun.

I can see the difficulty in trying to stop 2boxing and the reasons to try, but at the same time I think "beyond a reasonable doubt" should be afforded to the suspected. Especially when, as mentioned, blatant cheaters get off with a warning.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Kobold

See I am of a second mind when it comes to situations like this. Take it as you will but I view 2 boxing as being in a group (area) and not so much trading something to another toon but having 1 toon say a healer sitting there and having another character say (monk/rogue/warrior/ect..) there fighting and then healing. Or benefiting one way or the other. I don't see what she did as breaking any huge fraction of the law on the server. Take it as you will [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]