Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't get how so many guilds are content with not being in the end-game zone after 4 freakin years. Especially considering the amount of hours they put into this game.
Lets see:

Can kill most/All things in game with guild/friends that dont require getting VP gear...VP gear is for people that want to solo/duo crap thats hard. You can group anything in gear outside of VP.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

50 Taken in KC poopsocking VS now

VSwatch2014 is totally a thing
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 10-05-2014, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

[Sat Oct 04 23:58:05 2014] You have entered Karnor's Castle.
[Sun Oct 05 00:01:58 2014] Cleratani tells the guild, 'POP POP POP VS VS VS POP POP POP '
[Sun Oct 05 00:03:51 2014] Roon tells the guild, 'Tolan's Darkwood Greaves, Singing Steel Greaves, Gnarled Staff, Pulsing Green Stone, Pulsing Green Stone'

Died within 2 minutes of spawning. Making batphoning and getting people to log in not really viable. Had I not just logged on my cleric 3 minutes prior I probably wouldn't have been there for the kill :/.

I think that shows how dumb Kunark raids are. 32k HP bosses are sadpandas.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Sarnak

wipe all the raid rules clean, no one should have to know 100 different rules for every mob and engage let people just play the game, the strong will survive and the weak will either become strong or stay the same.

Team Tripod

I'd rather be fishing
Old 10-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't get how so many guilds are content with not being in the end-game zone after 4 freakin years. Especially considering the amount of hours they put into this game.
End-game is the worst part. I don't get what people find enjoyable about it.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servellious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no one should have to know 100 different rules
What they don't realize is that they have changed the entire dynamic of the game with these stupid rules. I used to park my druid at Trak ledge so he could snap off a couple heals and port the fuck out.

After they made the zone-in rule, I found myself not even getting coth'd in time for the engage. My main was no longer a viable option for trak raids.

Not sure what has changed since but sounds like it may have gotten even worse.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what has changed since but sounds like it may have gotten even worse.
Yet the server population has increased and I'm sure there are a lot less raid related /petitions...
Old 10-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry tmbros but none of us want to come get in ibs way so they can keep waxing that ass every weekend, I'm sure you can convince guild #5 or w/e you're at now to merge and keep you in the fight though if you just keep looking.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reduce variance hugely.

1. Not classic.
2. Class R and Class C disparity is mainly due to the amount of time willing to stare at a spawn. You reduce the window (16hrs currently) that you have to stare at a spawn, you will see more competition. Leave *some* to add a small element of randomness.

Drop variance to +/- 30-60minutes. So that the window is 1-2 hours.

Also this will help because on a server respawn, a good 12+ targets dying within 1-2 hours of server pop, it will cause many overlapping windows with many mobs spawning simultaneously. Decreasing the amount people can monopolize and forcing them to prioritize the targets they focus on.

Sure, and do that 30-60 minutes on a USA prine time so euros can watch tv besides play eq

60 Shaman - Spertox <Omni>
Old 10-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servellious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wipe all the raid rules clean, no one should have to know 100 different rules for every mob and engage let people just play the game, the strong will survive and the weak will either become strong or stay the same.
I agree, the sheer number of rules are bogging the server down. I'm cool with keeping Class R/C/FFA targets, but something needs to change regarding the mechanics of raiding.

We should either...
1) Go back to 96 hour windows with the possibility of window extensions. This pretty much makes it impossible to sit an entire FTE/Raid force around, ready to engage the mob the instant it pops (unless the mob is really really late in the extended window).

or

2) Go to extremely short windows so everyone knows when to have a massive raid force ready and 100 FTErs ready for the clown race to the mob.

Personally, I'd like to see Option #1 again. It generally limits the shenanigans to 1 tracker per mob, and the raid windows get nice and spread out throughout the week.

As it stands, these 16 hour windows force huge groups of people to sit around hoping to be the quickest off the line, from Friday afternoon through Sunday night. It's not fun, and it's already pushing people away from the P99 raid game.

I like the class setup. It gives everyone a chance to see raid targets, and a guild might one day make the leap from R to C (maybe... anyone?) But other mechanics severely need tweaking, and the more rules we add - the worse it gets.
Closed Thread