Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
interesting.

so the R guilds that are doing so well in the current FFA arena are proposing to get rid of the current FFA arena, and instead go to full FFA on simulated repops only. who did you say we were trying to benefit again? Because that doesn't look like it would only be for our benefits alone.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2014, 04:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
interesting.

so the R guilds that are doing so well in the current FFA arena are proposing to get rid of the current FFA arena, and instead go to full FFA on simulated repops only. who did you say we were trying to benefit again? Because that doesn't look like it would only be for our benefits alone.
Yourselves. Because you want more access to certain mobs. Erati said it best when he explained his stance about going for more VS's on repops. I think it's crystal clear the guilds at the top of Class R want the change because they know it benefits them. Even though it proverbially takes the food out of smaller guilds mouths. I'm glad he opened up so well in this thread when he was explaining his stance. I'm glad Chest backed up my numbers that shows it takes mobs directly from your rotation and adds it to the pockets of the larger guilds on repops. Everyone sees a little clearer now I think.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
totally missing my point.

VS is sometimes C on a repop.

VS is sometimes R on a repop.

VS is sometimes FFA on a repop.

A small class R guild can only go for VS on a repop when the repop happens while VS belongs to Class R AND they are up for it on rotation.

If VS was FFA every single repop, you bet your bottom dollar small guilds would pony up and figure something out considering he is a 'legal' target ever single repop where otherwise they have to wait like 5 months to see him.

This is why you ( Class C) are fighting tooth and nail for this ground swell of support to die down. It has no benefit for Class C guilds that already are enjoying a C/C/R system

thank you for making my point stronger.

If repops happened on schedule and as promised then MAYBE class R would consider C/C/R with FFA repops ( but VP included ) but that wont happen either it seems
We can go back to this now as well since I have proven BDA and Taken get quite a bit of the FFA spawns and show the false rhetoric they were using to garner support.

BTW to the Smaller guilds out there. The changes you should seek are exactly what I proposed in this thread. Lower variance with foot races restricted to 2 people at the starting line. Designated starting areas. The proposals these guys are trying to make on your behalf benefits you not one bit. At least in that system there is changes that can benefit you on FFA spawns with less resources. The changes these guys are pushing for honestly means you have to be ready at all hours for a repop just to get an extra mob off of the rotation they setup. On top of that the changes reduces the mobs that go to Class R...Hence it reduces the mobs that go to the rotation.
Last edited by Lazie; 10-29-2014 at 05:24 AM..
Old 10-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Holy crap, you guys are nuts. How can you keep discussing the same unsolveable shit over and over? Reminds me of Congress. Keep calm and post on, though.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

C/C/R would solve this. If the real problem here is overlap, I don't see why Class-R would be unhappy about this.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yourselves. Because you want more access to certain mobs. Erati said it best when he explained his stance about going for more VS's on repops. I think it's crystal clear the guilds at the top of Class R want the change because they know it benefits them. Even though it proverbially takes the food out of smaller guilds mouths. I'm glad he opened up so well in this thread when he was explaining his stance. I'm glad Chest backed up my numbers that shows it takes mobs directly from your rotation and adds it to the pockets of the larger guilds on repops. Everyone sees a little clearer now I think.
Class R mobs occur every 3 weeks. Or 17-18 spawns a year are Class R. With 2 repops a month, or 24 respawns a year, a third of Those respawns are Class R, so 8. Expect 25-26 Class R spawns a year per mob with 7 day respawn.

Class R mobs occur every 2 weeks. (Assuming C/R rotation). Or 26 spawns a year.

The Class R spawn number stays the same. Except with full FFA respawn, sure, Taken, BDA and Divinity may get 3 big targets. But other Class R guilds still can get big targets or the mid tier ones.

On a respawn, those bigger Class R guilds would target fire down CT/Inny/VS/Trak. Likely only getting 3/4. If two guilds have the same goal (say both go for VS), they will run into each other, one will win and the other will have to regroup and move elsewhere quickly. Which may mean 2 big targets are up for grabs to the medium sized Class R guilds.

In this time there's still going to be atleast 1 big target left up, plus the mid-tier ones like Sev (dem lightsabers)/Naggy/Vox/Gore/Tal. All of which Class R guilds have a decent shot at getting in the 5-10 min Class C is herpderp training and bladestoppering to get your Phara Dar. If you see VS is down you may stay in VP to get Druushk or Nexona. Giving the less hardcore Class R guilds more time to get a clean Sev/Naggy/etc.

The present system this is what happens a respawn:

4 mobs go to Class R, 4 mobs go to FFA, 4 mobs go to Class C.

The Class R mobs get cleared to and killed cleanly.
The FFA mobs generally speaking go to BDA, Taken and Divinity. If they don't all it's usually like an FFA Maestro or Draco that gets left for the smaller Class R guilds. I think the last FFA Trak went to whoever had Class R Trak on rotation since they were still set up for it with CotHing and such (correct me if I'm wrong)
The Class C vending machine mobs sit up while you train each other in VP. When you're done you decide which ones if any are worth competing for given you haven't bagged out yet.

But let's call a spade a spade. Everyone has their own self interest.

Class C hates these suggestions because it will likely lose them loot, they no longer have 3-4 guaranteed mobs waiting for them outside of VP when they finish.
Big Class R guilds like these suggestions because it means that every repop there are several valueable targets to race for, as opposed to the *maybe* 1 with the current situation.
Small Class R guilds like these suggestions because it means there is likely 1-2 high value targets and lots of medium value targets available for them to race for. Their vending machine kills stays the status quo as I showed above.

The way I think it could be sold to Class C is that Respawns don't have bag limits. So that even though you may be going from 2/3 weeks to 1/2 weeks having a mob, you now have the potential to get a huge kill list on a respawn, plus you never have to CotH duck again since the FFA competition will be respawns and your Class C competition already works so harmoniously.

If we (as the bigger Class R guilds) were entirely focused on pixel intake we would be in Class C or we could trash the rotation and take every third spawn in Class R. But we don't. We stay in Class R and Rotation because that's what we prefer.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Fire Giant

butterflies
Last edited by Visual; 11-24-2014 at 12:43 AM..
Old 10-29-2014, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

solid write-up Dald

and I agree, the bag limit thing is something Class R could compromise to help Class C benefit more from a rule set like this

I dont think unlimited bag limit is the way to go, but 4 mob limit ( doubling the current ) would be something I think R could get behind
Old 10-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But, but, I thought class R is supposed to get all the mobs? Isn't this CustomEZP99.

You guys are the biggest bunch the crybabies. Then you get Taken in here coth duck socking 40+ strong and saying they aren't prepared for Class C. What a joke and a half.
Last edited by Clark; 10-29-2014 at 10:05 AM..
Old 10-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe your logic is flawed and clearly, we disagree on that topic.

However, I wonder: can't these "smaller guilds" defend themselves?
I'm confused, why are you championning them? They are smart enough to make their own opinion.
If small Class R guilds have a problem with C/R + FFA on repop, shouldn't they be the ones argueing that point? I have yet to see that.
Closed Thread