Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Kobold

Group EXP is almost certainly bugged.

Just testing in duos, EQUAL LEVEL TOONS and DIFFERENT LEVEL TOONS gain EXP at DIFFERENT RATES.

While leveling an alt w/ my brother with a Druid/Mage combo, my Brother (the Mage) was out-leveling me... these were EQUAL-LEVEL toons, and we were both contributing to damage on all mobs.

While leveling w/ a friend on my main - Bard (Me) and an SK (lower-level) the SK was gaining EXP roughly 40% faster than I was. The SK was 9 lvls lower than me, but IIRC, higher level players are supposed to leech additional experience - players are supposed to now gain EXP at the same rate, regardless of penalties/etc.

Additionally, while soloing spectres, I was consistently getting 2% per quad, almost exactly on the dot. When DUOING with a Cleric, the rate dropped BELOW 1% per quad, and seemed to be about 2% per three quads. After picking up a third and fourth member to the group, the EXP became abysmal - 1% per 6+ quads. I was at the specs for about 12 hrs in total. All of the group members had a lesser EXP penalty than me, and were lower level.

I will continue to do testing and attempt to confirm the posted.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

The XP is assigned in numeric value, not percentage of bar. Their bar is going to move faster for a lower level simply because it requires less xp to complete the level.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Aviak

The way I remember Classic level 9/10 was that in no way you made the entire level in 3 hours, without being power leveled or twinked. I used to play 3-5 hours per night (more on weekends) and would not expect to ding twice in a night level 8+. Higher levels, I was sometimes ecstatic to have gained a yellow bubble in a night.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:51 AM
Kobold

Default exp

well i played for 12 hours today *shame* and i went from level 4 1/2 to level 7 and 3/4 killing enuf orcs to go from K.O.S standing to dubious while turning in belts, alot of that time i had a full group goin or atleast killin somethin. not complaining here cus i had fun the whole time just maybe a little tweek is needed ( then again this is how it could have been back in 99-00 it has been so long i cant remember).

I turned in about 6 backpacks full of belts and am kindly now with dwarfs
Old 07-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zallarenya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way I remember Classic level 9/10 was that in no way you made the entire level in 3 hours, without being power leveled or twinked. I used to play 3-5 hours per night (more on weekends) and would not expect to ding twice in a night level 8+. Higher levels, I was sometimes ecstatic to have gained a yellow bubble in a night.
I agree.. that is what I remember as well. The only thing that I would say is that by 'knowing the game' better than I did at first,.. would speed up exp somewhat, but I would not think it would be that dramatic.

-Blaz
Closed Thread