Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely one of my best memories in WoW tho, right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhiTOMXlL-A&NR=1
Haha wow, thats ballsy.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't figure this thread would get that far. I think the hardest thing about WoW for me was getting 40 people to do the right thing on every raid, especially when you talk about BWL & AQ40. As soon as I knew they were going to change it to 25 man raids, I lost all interest. Granted I was on a dying server and we found it very difficult to fill our roster with intelligent people, but if I took the top 25 of the players in my guild I have no doubt we would have beaten every boss we attempted within a few tries. When my guild first entered MC we only had 28 people, and we cleared up to domo in 3 days without having more than 30 people on the raid. We watched two other guilds collapse during the same week because they couldn't get past the second boss with 40 people because of zerg recruiting. This was on Kalecgos, which opened about 7 months or so after the game released so it was a race to see who would be the "best guild." Most of our attempts in BWL had 35-38 people as it was better for us to do it that way than recruit some retard to fill out the raid. By AQ40 we had one of the larger servers transfer to ours as it was dying and they were overcrowded, and our recruiting issues stopped. That didn't mean beating C`thun was any easier.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2999927756145#
Old 07-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Aviak

I quit after playing the open beta for a week. Couldn't find anything I liked about the game.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha wow, thats ballsy.
World first Horde Thrall kill baby. We were grabbing the flight path to Thunder Bluff when we had our first of many GM responses to it. It amounted to something like this:

"While personally I find this hilarious, if you could stop doing this from now on it'd be great. It appears as if we're going to have to restart the server in order to get Thrall to respawn. I regret to inform you that further attacks upon Horde leaders will result in disciplinary actions being taken against your guild and their accounts, no matter how cool this was."

The questchain that allowed for it to happen was fixed the following Tuesday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
World first Horde Thrall kill baby. We were grabbing the flight path to Thunder Bluff when we had our first of many GM responses to it. It amounted to something like this:

"While personally I find this hilarious, if you could stop doing this from now on it'd be great. It appears as if we're going to have to restart the server in order to get Thrall to respawn. I regret to inform you that further attacks upon Horde leaders will result in disciplinary actions being taken against your guild and their accounts, no matter how cool this was."

The questchain that allowed for it to happen was fixed the following Tuesday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats pretty lame, its not like Alliance didnt swing in and kill leaders, what was the difference of Horde doing it? Just because you had to abuse a quest script to do so?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

Leaders weren't set for the contingency or respawning if their own side killed them. They had to force restart the server to get him to repop.

We spent that night taking turns sitting on Thrall's throne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Kobold

Started playing casually again fairly recently. The whole AOE-tanking thing is ridiculous. I haven't seen a single sheep in a dungeon since I started playing again.

The cross-realm-porting-straight-to-dungeon thing is both ridiculous and awesome in equal measures. But to be honest it fits a casual playstyle perfectly; if I want uber realism I'll play p99, I don't wanna be handing around a meeting stone for hours trying to get a group to do a 20minute WoW dungeon. The badge system is a very good system for rewarding people's invested time appropriately.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Aviak

Reck-bomb nerf.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Skeleton

I go back to WoW every now and again.. (Cataclysm expansion upcoming), but the game is just too easy. While some of the quests were fun to do,... I did not like the nearly 100 % quest grind... (yea, I prefer mob grinding / eq style)

In WoW, gear was given to you. In EQ, you really did have to earn it (or buy it with hard earned coin)

I prefer the old WoW days when they still had elite mobs in outdoor zones, like outside of Zul'Farak, and near Shadowfang keep (shadow fang village?). I remember doing a quest to Shadowfang 'village?' where you had to infiltrate the town and grab a book from an upstairs building that was guarded by elites. That was a hard quest!... except that you could just run up there, die without much of a penalty, then run back to the corpse, pop up , take the book, die outside, and then rez outside of town and finish the quest. It was still fun to try and do the quest without 'cheating' so to speak. But.... they must have felt it was too hard so they took out the elites....

It was like over the years of WoW they took a poll of everything in the game that was remotely challenging or hard, and eliminated/replaced it. ;(

Expansions can help or kill a game as well. Wow expansions, while cool at first, trump the gear right off the bat from all the other expansions. There is no need to even have played much of the other content, just go straight to the new areas and you'll have the best gear there is (once you have the appropriate level to be there of course). They need to figure out a way to ensure playing each expansion is necessary in order to progress... I personally loved the EQ Planes of Power expansion. You had to get flagged to progress through the zones. When GoD expansion opened, you really couldn't just go straight to that content and expect to complete it without first acquiring some Time gear from the PoP expansion. It really felt like an achievement when you completed Time, and GoD... I have never really felt that level of achievement in WoW, or any other mmorpg game either.

Ok, this post was much much longer than I intended. Basically I think WoW is too easy like many others do. I hope someone can make another EQ type game in the future, but sadly I think that will never happen again... WoW style is what is 'in' and making the $$$, so other games are mimicking this 'quest grind' / casual style.

Blaz
Last edited by theblaz; 07-14-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

Gearscore.
Closed Thread