Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

Default Group exp HAS TO BE BUGGED

i know there was a patch nerfing exp and i know we now share exp penalties but there is no way grouping is like 1/3 as fast as soloing for an enchanter. Group exp is horrible right now even if there is no hybrid in the group. please check that im pretty sure it doesnt work as it should. If it keeps going that way everybody even warriors will level solo soon. I talked to many people now and everybody tells me the same: group exp is soo bad its not worth to group for any class at the moment.

For example: It took me way over 3 hours (stopped watching my watch after 3 hours) in a really good group to level frorm lvl 9 to 10. Nobody in the group was red to me. The pull speed also was ok. We had a good camp also (wall in crushbone).

Grp setup: cleric,wizard,mage,enchanter,warrior,bard all between lvl 8 and lvl 10. i know there was a bard in group and we shared his penaltie but should it really be that bad? Before the exp nerf lvl 40 was not really harder than lvl 10 is now...
Old 07-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Aviak

If you're saying that pre-nerf you made it through a hell level (40) in 3 hours, then there is a problem with that and it needed to be nerfed (imo). Seems I was one of the lucky ones around here who didn't start playing until after the nerf to experience, and it seems relatively close to how I remember it on live. Not trying to be an ass here, but seriously, 3 hours for a hell level is way too fast. It always seemed to be that if you could pull about a yellow an hour (at higher levels, and not in a hell level) you knew you were in a crazy good group.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Sure it was too fast but i think grp exp is really worse than it was on live now. Come on over 3 hours for lvl 9 in a decent dungeon group? i dont remember this from live... and i speak of 3 hours of pure exping nothing else...
Old 07-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

I was playing my bard last night in Upper and lower Guk.

I gained 2 blue at 32 in just a few pulls with a full group at lord camp. NO JOKE.
These mobs were half dark blue half light blue, meaning that I had no business being there anymore but the exp was making the entire group happy.

Later on we moved down to Lguk and went to bedroom where I managed to gain another 3-4 blues of exp in an extremely short period of time (before we got trained and the group split up). When I say very short, all we did was clear down to the bedroom and do 1 spawn round of bats and frogs.

I normally wouldn't bother posting something like this except for the fact that group members repeatedly mentioned how good the exp was, and yes there was a hybrid (me) in the group. (Also, I was the main tank/CC/mana source.)
Old 07-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Very weird.....probably theres just something screwed with low lvl exp. Looks like you getting way more exp than my lvl 10 toon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Well it was a full group of 6 and dungeon exp bonus.

There are a ton of factors to consider when trying to calculate the exp you should be getting.

So if you did not have a full group,
were not in a zone with an EXP bonus,
only fighting blue cons (THIS PART IS HUGE AT LOW LEVELS),
had a hybrid

or any combination of the above, It would negatively effect your exp.
Last edited by guineapig; 07-13-2010 at 03:00 PM..
Old 07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Orc

Hey Chic, whats your bards name? Just curious. Want to know who/what bards are helping with the bard bug issues right now.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it was a full group of 6 and dungeon exp bonus.

There are a ton of factors to consider when trying to calculate the exp you should be getting.

So if you did not have a full group,
were not in a zone with an EXP bonus,
only fighting blue cons (THIS PART IS HUGE AT LOW LEVELS),
had a hybrid

or any combination of the above, It would negatively effect your exp.

Like described: it was a full group, we had also a bard as hybrid, we fought reds,yellow,whites and blues. it was a zone with exp bonus(crushbone)
Old 07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamitous Oeuvre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Chic, whats your bards name? Just curious. Want to know who/what bards are helping with the bard bug issues right now.
Dischord
Old 07-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know what to think anymore about group exp. Any windows groups I get is generally bad exp, full group, lot of red con people, a few hybrids, not good exp. I also trio'd royals/window with a monk and bard, and I gained half a hell level, and half of a regular level in 3 hours (amazingly fast). Had the hybrid penalties in both groups, one had the full group bonus, one had half the people. Both groups had someone at least 5 evels higher than me. So right now I really wanna duo, because I think soloing is about the same exp, for me anyways, as a windows group.

I did quit playing my ranger though, who is level 9, because at the time (a while before the shared penalty patch) my 30ish shaman was leveling faster than he was : p I would even have my brother, who is a druid, PL him and it was incredibly slow

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Closed Thread