Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Memory Lane!

Obviously we all vastly love the whole relive-classic concept, but what we should also love is thinking back on all the joyful things that happened back in classic EQ!

So let's all think back on what moment or event defined classic EQ experience for you. Something that is just carved crystal-clear in your memories... And share it!

For me it's something as simple as a tesch mas gnoll. A young enterprising ogre shaman, running around the karanas heading for Blackburrow which I heard was a good place for exp (I was like late teens so dunno about that...). While trying to avoid the KOS aviaks I come upon these huge giant fangs with blood on them protounding from the ground and this gloomy hill looming in the middle. Circling around it I come upon the sight of spell effects and folks fighting something - a group if you will. I go take a closer look. The whole group cons bright red to me, and they're fighting some weird-looking (red con) gnoll (had seen the ones spawning daytime in lake rathe before, so this brown one with some yellow and black clothes was the coolest thing ever). And the gnoll was mouthing them off something fierce, going on and on with stuff like "I'll teach you to interfere with me, Soandso!". First time I ever saw that and I was in absolute awe, thinking that was the coolest thing ever that the gnoll was telling them off like that. I thought they'd be like lvl50s all of em and that this was the most awesome thing ever (hell I was under the impression hill giants and spectres were lvl50 too, once I even thought crypt mummies were 50!).

Came back some 3-5 lvls later, in my early 20s, for some reason aggrod one tesch mas, and ran for probably a full hour around South karanas trying to make distance with me SOW, med, cast a nuke, run, med, nuke again (yes I was indeed the crappiest shm!)... Eventually killed it and it felt like I had won EQ. First time I solo'd a red-con. Didn't think it was even possible! =p
Old 05-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Everything about Unrest.

Exping on Aviaks in Lake Rathe.

Getting my first char over 20 to 20 at Aviaks in SK.

Crazy grinding at Frenzy camp in Velks.

Pretty much any exploring of Kunark / Velious when they first opened.

Crystal Caverns.

Logging on to see guildies ready to roll fro Gorenaire and Trakanon for my Singing Short Sword.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Playing on my brothers account and being 9 and telling some dude I was 16 and making him want to e-date me until my brother found out and told him, leading to an immediate /ignore from him and my brother kicking me off his account.

E-DATING SINCE '99

Edit: I was Spellze, the level 20 druid of Rallos Zek, NOW WHICH ONE OF YOU WAS IT THAT I EDATED
Last edited by Shannacore; 05-28-2010 at 06:03 PM..
Old 05-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Kobold

Lol naughty girl.
One great memory was camping city of mist for the ultra rare wus trance sticks with my monk, I literally spent hunedreds of hours trying to get groups to come out for as long as they would stay. I finally got one and almost jizzed in my pants. Eventually I got a second one and felt like the coolest kid ever.The whole process generated over 50 corpses of mine that I decorated the whole zone with. I got tells for weeks about my awesome corpse art.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

The first time it rained.

I grew to hate that f'ing rain, but that first time was magical. I was amazed. I was playing a video game with random weather! So real! So leet (was leet a word back then?)!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Skeleton

My very first character at launch was a human shadowknight in Qeynos. I remember dieing repeatedly to that blasted Holly Windstalker in Qeynos Hills.

Also remember the first time I took a trek across the land with a few good friends of mine. We were all about level 5 and decided to see how far we could run before we died. We started in Qeynos and ran through the hills, and through West Karana .. all the way to East Karana .. somewhere, before reaching North Karana, I ventured too close to a merchant town, and was slain for being an SK. My other friends died to a Griffon that was patrolling nearby.. it was still quite a bit of fun. (The SK never made it past level 9, I rolled a different class after that (human mage, agnostic))

I also remember killing the bandits on the trail in WK, and having to be veeeeeeery careful of the wandering Hill Giant that roamed through there. I don't know how many times I died to the HG or the bandits, but it was still a lot of fun. Seeing a HG for the first time was reallly breath-taking....

Blaz
Old 05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing on my brothers account and being 9 and telling some dude I was 16 and making him want to e-date me until my brother found out and told him, leading to an immediate /ignore from him and my brother kicking me off his account.

E-DATING SINCE '99
On that note, catching people cybering in one of the side buildings at the Inn in East Commons was bad ass.

Opening the door and just staring at the with my gnome.

"Go away you perv!"

"No."

/rude

Too bad I wasn't a troll.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

We did that run, too, but from Freeport! I was playing a cleric, and it was me, a friend on his Pally, a Monk whose name I forget, and an Erudite Enchanter named Nanthor. i want to say we had a Wizard named Cumien with us, and... perhaps Mohikum the Dwarven Cleric. We made it all the way to Qeynos, this was below lvl 20, and bound the melees then went out to hunt griffawns.

We had a bad fight and I told the group to run, thinking I would save the day with Divine Aura and then Gate.

I was crestfallen (and livid) when I got the message that I couldn't cast while invulnerable LOL. good times.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

I really liked seeing the spires in the Karanas for the first time. That was so awesome, especially after such a treacherous trip for a lowbie warrior in uncharted territory. Or the first time I wandered to the gypsies and got jumped by a Bandit. I remember thinking, "Who is this human? Why is she attacking me? OUCH! Crap I'm going to... yup, dead."

Qeynos catacombs were cool too. Especially because I discovered them by accident, thinking "What happens if I swim down here?"

I also killed a bunch of those fish in the Cleric/Paladin guild pond because they dropped something that sold well to vendors. I didn't really understand factions, and soon I was KOS.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 05-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excision Rottun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On that note, catching people cybering in one of the side buildings at the Inn in East Commons was bad ass.

Opening the door and just staring at the with my gnome.

"Go away you perv!"

"No."

/rude

Too bad I wasn't a troll.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This chick one time in fironia vie, shortly after kunark launched, we were in a hut and i was trying to buy from a merchant. suddenly her character starts ducking repeatedly in front of mine, and then she emoted that she wiped her chin.

at the time i was mortified, but now it's pure hilarity. I never did find out if it was a chick or a dude, but either way it was some funny shit.
Closed Thread