Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll find a big portion of both guilds are good folks as well who never have or in my case no longer intentionally sling shit~
No doubt about that either. Plenty of good people in both guilds.

P99 forums do not reflect the in game P99 community. I wish there was a giant disclaimer that stated this on top of the forums.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayh81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's face it, VP raiders are after candy, not challenging content. Let the rewards for a shot at that candy be that other guilds get much improved access to other raid mobs/candy, or you are bascially saying that all players will have to join 1-4 top guilds to have any shot of that candy, essentially declaring that other guilds are all feeder guilds for those top tier ones.
Well, there are really only a few guilds that even attempt to do bosses or anything past island 4 in Sky right now. TR, TMO, VD, Taken, Bregan... guilds like Reclamation certainly raid, but not to the same degree. If you want to do serious raid content, then as it stands, yes, you must join one of those guilds. Since TR, TMO and recently VD have collectively killed the vast majority for the last month, if you want to kill dragons and gods, you have to be in one of those 3 guilds. Obviously, there are only going to be a few successful raiding guilds at one time, and these guilds are going to be getting the bulk of the attention simply because success = drama.
The rest of P99's guilds are not 'feeder' guilds; it just happens that players must move from a smaller, casual guild to a larger guild if they want to do the bigger raids. These few raiding guilds are a minority on the server overall; there are plenty of people who have more fun leveling that new alt up than in gearing up a main in raid armor, and they and the guilds they make are the majority of the server in terms of population, if not in terms of drama per capita.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayh81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5. Not sure if the quests are going to be operational, but there should be some mechanism to permit questers to approach prior to the dragons being slain.
Someone was talking about leaving dragons up for questers... I can't find it now, but regardless:
What quests are even in VP 1.0? I found a bunch for VP 2.0.
Last edited by Happyfeet; 10-26-2011 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: Found quests quote...
Old 10-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, there are really only a few guilds that even attempt to do bosses or anything past island 4 in Sky right now. TR, TMO, VD, Taken, Bregan... guilds like Reclamation certainly raid, but not to the same degree. If you want to do serious raid content, then as it stands, yes, you must join one of those guilds. Since TR, TMO and recently VD have collectively killed the vast majority for the last month, if you want to kill dragons and gods, you have to be in one of those 3 guilds. Obviously, there are only going to be a few successful raiding guilds at one time, and these guilds are going to be getting the bulk of the attention simply because success = drama.
The rest of P99's guilds are not 'feeder' guilds; it just happens that players must move from a smaller, casual guild to a larger guild if they want to do the bigger raids. These few raiding guilds are a minority on the server overall; there are plenty of people who have more fun leveling that new alt up than in gearing up a main in raid armor, and they and the guilds they make are the majority of the server in terms of population, if not in terms of drama per capita.
I get the fact that what you describe is the way things are now. My initial comment was designed to have the powers that be think of the way they want them to be. That's the difference, and it's what has to be done when considering policy changes.
If you have to change guilds to get into raid content, then there is an un-official feeder system. That's fine, but you seem to having an issue with my calling that. It doesn't have to be an official relationship, just a fact of how the current scheme works. Again, nothing wrong with that, but the powers that be need to decide if they want it to be different, or provide opportunties for the server to be different than it is now.
That's all I was talking about.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfeet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What quests are even in VP 1.0?
None.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
You don't seem to get the fact that we've wanted to let you walk quietly but you continue to attempt to troll us to make us look bad to save yourself face or to 'be the bad guy' and make us 'regret' not letting your bipolar ass back on the staff
Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
success = drama
That is really not the source of it. I on several occassions now have had the misfortune of being in a zone when a high valued mob pops and just been casually trained.

As individuals I have good relationships with and like a lot of the people in the top guilds. As guilds though, there are too many disreptuable things done for the ones who have the get all mobs mentality. People train and kite mobs and lock down mobs they don't really need.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Last edited by Atmas; 10-25-2011 at 02:38 PM..
Old 10-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...being that Phara Dar is not targetable until all the other dragons are dead...
On Al'kabor, SoE's closest match to classic, where you cannot gate/port out without the Seru key, never had this. We went in several times and killed Phara without slaying all other dragons.

Where did you get this information?

Asher
Old 10-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Aviak

Trivia : NILBOG spelt backwards is...
Old 10-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is really not the source of it. I on several occassions now have had the misfortune of being in a zone when a high valued mob pops and just been casually trained.

As individuals I have good relationships with and like a lot of the people in the top guilds. As guilds though, there are too many disreptuable things done for the ones who have the get all mobs mentality. People train and kite mobs and lock down mobs they don't really need.
atmas impaler
Old 10-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

SO December 20 will be here soon and ill be trying a game that seems to be more casual friendly.I will still log on to help my guildmates even though fewer of them are logging on each week( and i cant blame them) Good luck for those who are planning to put up with this so called compition on this server. Classic for me , it was not .
Isn't every game that's been produced in the last 12 years more casual friendly bro?
Closed Thread