Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 06:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If nobody says anything I think its safe to assume common sense, that if a RBG or something randomly drops in Seb that everyone should get to roll.

People who say things like "oh i really hope a heiro cloak drops guys, this {Raw Silk Cloak} is so bad haha" expecting a NBG roll are expecting a lot out of the community if they think people will just give up their roll.

Definitely good to set rules at the beginning but above all else you'll always leave poorer if you're a Zyzzy than an Abacab
Also, in situations like this where the shaman wins the roll on an incarcadine breastplate against some warriors (or whatever the example) you feel less bad to roll against shamans when torpor drops [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 10-02-2016, 09:28 AM
Kobold

Seems overly complicated. I prefer holding off on rolls till someone leaves or group disbands, then rolling once, high roll gets 1st pick etc.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Random everything. But generally, I live by need before greed. If I don't need something, I won't roll for it.

But the whole "need" thing becomes questionable. Sure, a character may not need a particular item, but the character needs something and the particular item can help them get it.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Greed roll every item that drops as soon as it drops. End
Old 10-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyphon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems overly complicated. I prefer holding off on rolls till someone leaves or group disbands, then rolling once, high roll gets 1st pick etc.
I don't generally do pugs, but my main crew does this and NBG...on big items, we'll usually sell and divide the money equally.

In pugs, I'm fine with whatever system we have in place.
Last edited by RDawg816; 10-02-2016 at 02:04 PM..
Old 10-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Kobold

Friends: NBG if applicable. It's not that uncommon that we're at a specific camp to get that friend something that's an upgrade or a quest piece.

Pickup: almost always /random everyone and let the gods sort it out over time. It seems like the only fair way to me with people you don't know.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Aviak

I think /random 0 100 skews -50 for trolls 9 outa 10 times.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Sarnak

Here's how I've handled loot distribution in other games that I see no problem working here in EQ:

You're a farming group and you're farming for Fungi Tunic at the King or for Hiero cloak or whatever big ticket items. The item drops, everyone gets to roll. You keep farming, another item drops. Everyone rolls again except the person who has already won an item. This improves the chances of everyone who didn't win. Usually when I'm doing this, it's with guildies or friends who are settled in for a long farming session.

A more fair method that only really works with guildies/friends is platinum split. This only works if people are there for profit. The items get sold and then the platinum delivered to each member after the fact. There are trust issues with this so like I said, friends/family only unless there's a person who is a known trustworthy person on the server.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the idea of trade-up loot, I just think in EQ it would end up being too tedious and bureaucratic.

The main reason FFA rolling is the generally accepted default system is because it requires the least amount of effort. No one has to be master looter and keep track of everything, no one has to convince anyone else that the item *really is* an upgrade for them - it's just roll your dice and move on.

So I mean, trade-up loot is actually fair and I would love to be in a group where someone handles loot that way, but the fluidity of most groupings makes it far too impractical. I'm often in groups that completely change members in the course of a couple hours.

Imagine trying to explain the loot system to a new member every 15 minutes. And as soon as you're gone, it will instantly fall back to FFA rolling if someone else doesn't take the reins. It's a nice idea, but it's not really feasible as a mainstay on P99. It's feasible as an alternative - just like NBG - which it already is.

this

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-03-2016, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's how I've handled loot distribution in other games that I see no problem working here in EQ:

You're a farming group and you're farming for Fungi Tunic at the King or for Hiero cloak or whatever big ticket items. The item drops, everyone gets to roll. You keep farming, another item drops. Everyone rolls again except the person who has already won an item. This improves the chances of everyone who didn't win. Usually when I'm doing this, it's with guildies or friends who are settled in for a long farming session.

A more fair method that only really works with guildies/friends is platinum split. This only works if people are there for profit. The items get sold and then the platinum delivered to each member after the fact. There are trust issues with this so like I said, friends/family only unless there's a person who is a known trustworthy person on the server.
I'm a big fan of this and groups that do it, as my luck is terrible... never won a fungi to date, despite rolling a 91 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ... but we did one time decide to split the cash from a fungi and everyone got paid.

Nice when that happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread