Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 07:08 AM
Aviak

Don't like /randoming but no other way in a pickup group. Much better to group with friends and make sure everyone gets a fair share. Sell everything worth selling, then split the profits evenly.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

Exactly, rinse/repeat that a few times and you can probably buy a fungi if you dodge the fat cat resellers.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csihar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a couple of ways in which loot is divided. I don't like them.

Need before greed. I like this as lower level with items that aren't worth much. Great for new players (much more fun to loot something than buy it) and selling the items usually isn't really worth the time you put into it. When items starting getting some real value it's not a nice rule any more. However wins it, need or not, can sell it and buy something they do need. End result: player gets item they need. Just a step in between.

The 'It's-okay-buds-we're-all-rich-so-roll-on-everything-I-don't-care-at-all-although-I-do-care-to-roll-lol. Seen it happen in Old Sebilis so many times. 8 items drop, 3 people leave with items.

I think the best way to roll for items in a group is the following:

Whatever drops, you roll for it.
If something else drops that you want, you roll for it as well. If you win, you throw the first item you won back into the group for a roll (you don't get to roll on this).

That way if 6 items drop for a group of 6 players everyone gets an item.
I like it ^^ It offers those who have little time to play the same opportunity they have with ordinary random, but also rewards those with more time to play by giving the added chance of "trading up." The only issue is the lack of incentive for players to remain in group once they win something, it encourages them to go elsewhere. Works great though for xp groups or if everyone plans to be around the same duration ^^
Old 10-20-2016, 04:34 AM
Kobold

All loot is held til the end of the group (or when someone leaves) /ran 100 and person with highest roll gets first choice of loot piece, person with 2nd highest picks 2nd and so on. Everyone leaves with loot, people with highest roll get best pick of the drops. After everyone has 1 drop, /ran 100 again for next 6 picks til loot is all shared.
Worked for me on live, works for me now. Fairest system I've found for pick up groups!
Old 10-20-2016, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Alpha loot order always, but youll want to stipulate whether youll be going with first names or surnames

- Aabner Aaemon
Old 10-20-2016, 10:45 PM
Kobold

Those 3 people that left with all the loot have prob got more hours in seb than you and deserved to win. You prob played like a 10 hour session won nothing and are bitching about dudes that played 10 hours a day all week and won nothing till finally they got lucky and had a good day.
Random is totally fair, most of the the other suggestions are totally unfair. That said if all friends or guild-pals I am game for wtv the consensus is. I did like the uh splitting the profits suggestion that's about the only fair suggestion I actually saw in this post.

TLDR Random is best, everyone gets what they deserve.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

Heh pleasure to see nobody has figured out how to beat the RNG /random 100 in this thread
Old 10-21-2016, 01:45 AM
Banned

To be completely fair, everyone should just receive a minute-by-minute payout of their expected loot value while at a camp. Doing king? 1 fungi * 40kpp / 12 hours avg drop rate / 6 players per group / 60 mins per hour = 9.26 pp / minute.

Nice and boring, just how the everquest devs originally envisioned it
Old 10-21-2016, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be completely fair, everyone should just receive a minute-by-minute payout of their expected loot value while at a camp. Doing king? 1 fungi * 40kpp / 12 hours avg drop rate / 6 players per group / 60 mins per hour = 9.26 pp / minute.

Nice and boring, just how the everquest devs originally envisioned it
fungis are 40k again? yikes

Time to stop camping em
Old 10-21-2016, 06:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All loot is held til the end of the group (or when someone leaves) /ran 100 and person with highest roll gets first choice of loot piece, person with 2nd highest picks 2nd and so on. Everyone leaves with loot, people with highest roll get best pick of the drops. After everyone has 1 drop, /ran 100 again for next 6 picks til loot is all shared.
Worked for me on live, works for me now. Fairest system I've found for pick up groups!
This is all right but I prefer to do the rolls immediately when something drops that way if people leave or go to link dead or whatever.
Closed Thread