Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Delete HE cleric and make a Dark Elf.
Dont listen to this clown. Halfling is clearly the cleric master race. Sneak > all. Seriously, sneak is a super underappreciated skill by most players. Brella is just cranky that he chose an inferior race. Literally the only downside to halfling clerics is no robes - fashionquest is pretty important stuff.

Like other people said, make friends. Don't just got LFG in popular zones - send tells to players and organized duo / trio groups. When you find someone who isn't bad, /friend them and then harass them whenever you see them online. If you're good, people will want to group with you. If you're not good, ask questions or for suggestions on how you could do better. Nothing makes me want to group with someone less than them getting defensive over constructive criticism. Chances are you'll run into quite a few players here with multiple 60s and who know just about everything about this game, and most of them are cool and just trying to be helpful.

Clerics duo well with a lot of classes - ench, mage, nec, monk, war, ranger are all good partners. Find one of them and start a duo - if you're a social person add more group members once you get rolling.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

KEY ROLL: Be friendly and heal, dont afk. have fun.
thats what i've learned with my cleric starting out
Old 07-27-2016, 01:08 AM
Aviak

I played a cleric for a long time and my advice is this: you can stretch a netflix window across the entire screen and just leave the health bars showing and no one will notice or care. Makes the time go by a lot faster.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Kobold

Heal people.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont listen to this clown. Halfling is clearly the cleric master race. Sneak > all. Seriously, sneak is a super underappreciated skill by most players. Brella is just cranky that he chose an inferior race. Literally the only downside to halfling clerics is no robes - fashionquest is pretty important stuff.

Like other people said, make friends. Don't just got LFG in popular zones - send tells to players and organized duo / trio groups. When you find someone who isn't bad, /friend them and then harass them whenever you see them online. If you're good, people will want to group with you. If you're not good, ask questions or for suggestions on how you could do better. Nothing makes me want to group with someone less than them getting defensive over constructive criticism. Chances are you'll run into quite a few players here with multiple 60s and who know just about everything about this game, and most of them are cool and just trying to be helpful.

Clerics duo well with a lot of classes - ench, mage, nec, monk, war, ranger are all good partners. Find one of them and start a duo - if you're a social person add more group members once you get rolling.
Unfortunately they are also the ugliest race for any class. Halflings...yuck,
Old 07-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

A couple of other good starter weapons are the Cold Iron Morning Star which drops in Permafrost and can be had for pretty cheap (I generally just give them away, because they are hard to sell), and the Tainted Battleworn Morning Star which drops in Kithicor Forest. It's no drop, but there is an undead cleric that spawns right at the WC zone line that I have seen drop it pretty regularly. If you can get someone to kill it for you a few times, you're set.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faywind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately they are also the ugliest race for any class. Halflings...yuck,
Why h8? You should r8, halflings look gr8 in pl8, m8!
Old 07-29-2016, 05:27 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by snergle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
find an enc and become his bff. learn to keep a pet on target with your finger trembling over the stun button until charm breaks. stun pet heal enc. sometimes you heal the pet.
^ definitely +1 that as an enchanter... A stunner (or snarer) on the ball = charming gold
Old 07-30-2016, 12:45 AM
Banned

halflings are OP
Closed Thread